MOVIE Theaters Tickets

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MOVIE Theaters Tickets

Hello,

I find HK$ 80 per ticket for Hollywood Movies (in English) too expensive in Hongkong. Are there any cheaper options !! Like some time mid-week shows or early morning shows, far-off movie theaters like in N.T. areas, where movie tickets are cheaper.

Cinema.com.hk

or

go to UA cinema (google)

Or just go to somewhere like Tuen Mun where all the tickets are cheaper.

Having said that - 80HKD compares well to UK, Aus and NZ so hard to see why it's "too expensive" (unless you meant you just couldn't afford it)

I pay on average 55 HKD, 45 for morning shows - perhaps you should A) book well in advance B) go to different non HKI cinemas (although they aren't 80...) C) join cinema outins with othe geo members (often someone has a credit card discount or group offer hth

Go for the early morning shows. I rarely pay more than $45 a ticket for the 9am-ish shows at the weekend.

I am curious to know who charges $80.00 for movies in HK ?

We frequent UA and Broadway Cinema's often, and pay between $35 - $55 for movies, sometimes its even free, as we have paid up loyalty cards with UA.

Until this topic was raised, I honestly thought that cinema ticket prices in Hong Kong, especially with the loyalty card perks, were very reasonable, compared to Aus, UK, France etc.

For anybody interested, we tried UA at Citygate ( Tung Chung ) a few nights ago, and it was like a ghost town, the quietest ( uncrowded ) cinema in HK in my opinion, easy to get good seat, how it remains in business, is anybody's guess.

Last edited by Skyhook; 03-07-2009 at 08:25 PM.

when we lived in db, that was the ONLY cinema that we went to. we LOVED it!

I can see why you did Cara, and we will be going back there again, as it was quiet a nice experience watching a movie there, in perfect silence, among 10 other cinema goers.

They must be losing money hand over fist there, but much nicer than the usually packed, fidgety, mobile phone using, noisy lolly bag crowds. No complaints

i think their evening/weekend shows are a lot more full. there has been the VERY odd occasion that when i checked online before we went, we decided not to go as there weren't enough "good seats" left.

but that was usually for shows like harry potter, star wars, lord of the rings etc... you know, the really BIG movies.

IFC is the most expensive.

UA is also expensive.

Golden harvest are cheap

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast