Jia Hotel or Conrad?

Closed Thread

Jia Hotel or Conrad?

My fiance and I (on our honeymoon) will be coming to HK in October. We currently have overlapping reservations at both the Jia Hotel and The Conrad for part of our stay (We are treating ourselves to a night at The Peninsula for the other part).

Can someone advise which hotel would be a better in regards to neighborhood, convenience, service, charm, etc if price was equal (we have a large discount at The Conrad)?

We are concerned that the Conrad, while 5 star, might be too geared to the business traveler. The Jia, on the other hand, might not stack up in terms of luxury.

Conrad is located in Pacifc Place (big shopping centre)and have easy access to MTR and all the shops.Jia is situated at Causeway Bay side street. I think in terms of transport Conrad is better than Jia, but then again you're in HK where everything is really close.

I think Conrad can provide a full 5 star hotel service whereas Jia is more geared towards like a short stay luxury boutique apartment . If Philippe Stark is your kind of thing, I would say go for Jia.

The other plus for Conrad is probably you can accumulate Hilton Honour points and surely you can't have that with Jia.

Last edited by KnowItAll; 14-12-2005 at 02:13 PM. Reason: No urls please...

Conrad, definitely. fave hotel in HK.

Yeah, conrad... or shangri-la ... or the new Mandarin are at the top end right now, atleast in terms of hospitality.