Like Tree2Likes

Dating in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

posting a picture would help hahaha

yanti likes this.

Hi,

I'm not in your situation right now but have been before and from what little I know of Hong Kong - it's actually quite a good place to meet people without having to go drinking in bars/clubs.

How about taking up a sport or Hobby (as was previously suggested).

You could take up tennis and post an ad for single guys to play tennis against - a little blatant but why not, you get to spend time with each other without any committment whatsoever and who knows if you get on, you might arrange to meet up off court.

If you like hiking, there's plenty of great trails - again, post an ad on Geoexpat for group hikes - I would suggest you do this until you get to know somebody as an isolated hike with a stranger may not make you (or them) very comfortable.

Post an ad on Geoexpat for a group singles meeting - If you like reading, why not organise a singles only book club?

..and finally....a little off the wall but how about going to one of those sushi bars with the rotating bar.....grab a seat at the bar and who knows, a single guy might sit next to/near you and then it's simply a case of making a move. :-)

Anyway, sorry I can't think of anything more creative and best of luck.

yanti likes this.

Cacia,

Also....in one of the other forums (Meet & Greet) there was this thread that might interest you.

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread48709.html

Good luck.

Ive gone on one date here thru this website thats all it is, im still trying to know more people and i feel better than when I first came to hong kong 2 years ago. It is a bit difficult to meet locals here though, not all of them are friendly and if they dont know u, they dont know u, they hardly ever engage in a conversation or show any initiative to know anyone. Hence ones that do show an initiave or any of the above would be surrounded by guys because there's never any around here!

Well, let me know if you are in any Starbucks/Pacific coffee (in central area), reading a book and also let me know the time and I will approach you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cacia:
    Thank you so much for your advises - I really appreciate it.

Does going to Starbucks/Pacific Coffee really work? I mean someone will just approach me if I'm reading a book there? Just that easy? Well why not? Since I read at home anyway, why not in a public place...

I will also def. look into Geoexpat events, again thanks for the suggestion. As for going to bars/clubs, I really honestly know that I won't be able to do that - I simply "can't" Though I know never say never. Anyhow thank you again and also to the private messages I received for your encouragement - it really seems that many people are in the same boat.

Cacia

its been a long day @ the office and your posts sure made me laugh. thx

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    I strongly suspect that you mean to say 'hobby'
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by bechampions:
    Ive gone on one date here thru this website thats all it is, im still trying to know more people and i feel better than when I first came to hong kong 2 years ago. It is a bit difficult to meet locals here though, not all of them are friendly and if they dont know u, they dont know u, they hardly ever engage in a conversation or show any initiative to know anyone. Hence ones that do show an initiave or any of the above would be surrounded by guys because there's never any around here!

Cant totally agree with you. yes right not all locals are friendly and even some could be mean and impolite, yet locals who show unwillingness to hold conversations with strangers (especially gwelios)could be due to reasons, e.g. characteristics of oneself, confidence in speaking other language, etc.

btw not that hard to meet locals as black heads still in a large % on the street than blonde or brown or grey or....(not talking about those who dyed their hair though)
    Last edited by himaricyan; 30-10-2009 at 07:22 PM.

Smile Hello

Hello Caica,

I am looking for a partner. Can we have a cup of coffee?

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Cacia:
    Hi everybody,

I'm not sure if my post is in the right thread but I would appreciate some help nevertheless.

What is the best way for a woman in her mid 30s to find a suitable partner in Hong Kong? It seems that if one does not participate in activities like drinking, dancing, it is not easy at all to meet and establish a relationship with the opposite sex.

I do understand that men here are spoilt for choices but surely there are some single men who would like to meet new friends with th intention of a long term relationship.

I myself would like to meet new people but it is hard - especially when I don't have a lot of friends in Hong Kong - and the friends I do have are also single and looking.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Cacia

Quote Originally Posted by himaricyan:
    Cant totally agree with you. yes right not all locals are friendly and even some could be mean and impolite, yet locals who show unwillingness to hold conversations with strangers (especially gwelios)could be due to reasons, e.g. characteristics of oneself, confidence in speaking other language, etc.

btw not that hard to meet locals as black heads still in a large % on the street than blonde or brown or grey or....(not talking about those who dyed their hair though)
    I'm a Canadian Chinese... BOOYA!