let me at the hummus!!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

I like Beyrouth on Lyndhurst Terrace, they own the restaurant next door, so sit down dinner is good with protions to match. Next door is called Assaf I think...

Hey, dont diss them, take away is take away...the dine in is good. They do a good hummus.

Medina as well...on Hollywood Road, does a wikked hummus and babaganoush...cheap too...Another place that did a good hummus, wierd but true, Bohemian Lounge...on the same street as the Vodka Bar near the Central cop shop.

You wanna pick some up? Try Citisuper or the JCC, they have all sorts of cool dips and stuff at the JCC...thats below Robinson Place and you dont have to be Jewish to shop there...or at least I dont think you do...its all Kosher.

Hummous Recipe? No problem:

2 can of chickpeas
    pour in equal parts lemon juice and olive oil
    2 tablespoons of tahini
    salt
    pepper
    raw garlic (if you like that flavour)
    raw shallots or purple onion (again, only a pinch...like the garlic, for flavour)

Basically blend the chickpeas with half cup of olive oil and same of lemon juice...add the tahini, then the garlic and onion (one palm or less) see what it looks like in the blender, add more olive oil and lemon juice until its the right texture...maybe go easier on the lemon juice than the olive oil, eh?

Salt and pepper and maybe some chilli powder...keep sticking your finger in to taste and check texture...if you screw up and it comes out runny, add more chickpeas and tahini!

*remember to turn the blender off before sticking your fingers in!*

Good luck

Last edited by Justin Credible; 16-09-2005 at 12:14 PM.

If you're organised enough- make it the day before as letting it sit overnight blends the flavours better.

max, no 20 percent off since they only do that for a la carte items, not the lunch special.

and beyrouth...well, it's a bit too lemony tasting, but overall not bad. portion's still tiny for 45 bucks, but the style is cool and truly reminiscent of cheap mid eastern dives. too bad the prices/serving sizes don't match.

Smile

Tried the hummus at Zahra's on Jaffe Road and it wasn't too bad as far as restaurant hummus goes. Liked the hummus at Bookworm Cafe on Lamma. Anyone been to Life yet?

Thanks for the hummus recipe, Rani. Tried it out and it turned out quite nicely. Will try adding shallots as per Justin Credible's suggestion next.

The good lady and I went for dinner in Olive on saturday night and not only was the Hummus in the mezze very good, but all the other food was too. The house wines were surprisingly good as well.

Does anyone know of any Kebab places in TST. I know of the Punjab place in CK. Any oher recommendations?

TIA

Tried out Beirut in LKW and was quite impressed by the food. A little on the pricey side for what you got and I didn't try the hummous but it looked pretty good - definately next time. Also saw that Chicken on the Run just on the escaltor up from Caine Road sells hummous.

Tabbouleh dish anyone/anywhere?

Who serves the tastiest Tabbouleh in Hong Kong? If you make it at home, I'll pay for a plate or two

hehe best hummus is in Great food groceries

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4