Coffee Shop hopping

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rapid_jap:
    Hmm..thanks so much mercury_element, I am gonna check it out this weekend. Hey, is it a reader-friendly cafe? Yo know like, is it cozy + comfy + not-too-loud + not-too-commercial??
    RJ, I dont think they are open on weekends. only weekdays and saturdays half day. Its a small shop, but comfy with few chairs, not many people so quiet and no loud music. Its run by two people, nothing fancy.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

When the subject of caffeine addiction come up I always refer to this piece writen back in 1822, and still hold true today

Caf&#233 Q The evils of tea (and the virtues of beer)

How come no one has mentioned Crema?
    Great Malabar Gold in the midst of TST East[behind the Regal]

Quote Originally Posted by mercury_element:
    RJ, I dont think they are open on weekends. only weekdays and saturdays half day. Its a small shop, but comfy with few chairs, not many people so quiet and no loud music. Its run by two people, nothing fancy.
    Sat. morning it is then. One last thing: do they have any vegetarian snacks / b'fast items?

@kombuchakid: Crema was being discussed on one other thread yesterday. there are BIG fans of Crema around.. I must go there.

!!Look at me, I think I came here asking for suggestion to leave my coffee addiction and here I go...(

Sat. morning it is then. One last thing: do they have any vegetarian snacks / b'fast items?

@kombuchakid: Crema was being discussed on one other thread yesterday. there are BIG fans of Crema around.. I must go there.

!!Look at me, I think I came here asking for suggestion to leave my coffee addiction and here I go...(
    they have some sandwiches, some muffins (not sure available in the morning), remaining i dont know, never tried anything except these two.
    a tip: The building is next to Police headquarters Wan Chai, you will see big Mcdonalds sign right outside the building.

Quote Originally Posted by mercury_element:
    they have some sandwiches, some muffins (not sure available in the morning), remaining i dont know, never tried anything except these two.
    a tip: The building is next to Police headquarters Wan Chai, you will see big Mcdonalds sign right outside the building.
    Enough things to fill me )

Special thanks for the pointers.

My problem is that I also like to sit and spend some time reading in a coffee shop so that way, PC and SB offer great environment.
    that's pretty much why i stick to PCC and SB... i spend ages sitting and reading in coffee shops and those couches are just way more comfy than wooden chairs at most other cafe's... if you find any other places that are reader-friendly, do let me know :P lol

Quote Originally Posted by acreativenameeh:
    that's pretty much why i stick to PCC and SB... i spend ages sitting and reading in coffee shops and those couches are just way more comfy than wooden chairs at most other cafe's... if you find any other places that are reader-friendly, do let me know :P lol
    Will definitely let you know but tell me, which isare your favourite PC and SB shops in HK?

There is an epoch in Tai Koo Shing (right in front of One Island East) - amazing place for readers..

I completly agree with acreativenameeh's comment (as above). SB & PC do have comfy couches, despite the "average" coffee is being served.

epoch at tai koo is nice, but isn't there another chain shop located at waichai as well?

Maybe we should do a weekend coffee round fortnightly for those who are interested in meeting new friends & hanging at coffee places… Who’s in?!

Regrettably, I'm also a coffee addict.....

Will definitely let you know but tell me, which isare your favourite PC and SB shops in HK?

There is an epoch in Tai Koo Shing (right in front of One Island East) - amazing place for readers..
    cool, will check it out when i'm in TKS! As for my favourite PC/SB's in town...

- SB in in Alexandra House, Central...it's massive - by HK standards - and there's a heck load of couches around for everyone. Even if you go during peak hours, it's not as crowded than most other coffee shops in central
    - PCC at the Avenue of Stars, TST - love the view and again, there's always a couch surprisingly lol
    - PCC at Lockhart Road, Wan Chi...opposite Devil's Advocate for the same reason...
    - PCC near Pacific Place, Admiralty... It's at the edge of wan chai so not as many people go there...quiet atmosphere usually

Yup, comfort is my number 1 priority lol...the coffee can be mediocre because there's always juice drinks if you want something different, but i need a couch to sit and read lol

How about yours?
    Last edited by acreativenameeh; 07-08-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carmeny:
    Maybe we should do a weekend coffee round fortnightly for those who are interested in meeting new friends & hanging at coffee places… Who’s in?!

Regrettably, I'm also a coffee addict.....
    Can't say I'm an addict but I do enjoy a nice cup o' coffee! haha... I'm definitely up for meeting up and coffeeshop hopping and such