Happy Hour

Happy Hour

Hi,

The Happy Hour that I know is 2-for-1, not a $10 discount off a $60 Tsing Tao (or a state of mind). Also, often I see that Happy Hour finishes around the same time that people finish off the day at work.

My question is, are there any nice bars in LKF/SoHo where we can get a fair deal on Happy Hour that us working folks can enjoy for an hour or two after we finish work?

For the cocky ones out here, tried and exhausted the Club 7-11 option, thanks!

Ran a search for Happy Hour but did not find any existing thread. Sorry if it has been covered before.

Wanchai is the place. Many of the bars there have Tsing Tao for $20 (or even less) between 6 and 9pm (or thereabouts).

Cochranes by the escalator has their house ale (Aldrich Bay) for $28 per (16oz) pint from 2-30 until about 9pm I think. Quite a good spot for people watching.

Phoenix (further up the escalator) has a genuine 2 for 1 happy hour until 8pm.

Last edited by PDLM; 14-08-2009 at 11:23 AM.

The old California restaurant turned into a LKF bar last time I went.

$30 imported beers - does that count?

Cheers fellers, that'll do me!

Will be going about town this evening so hope to be able to report back and compile a list of bars that offer REAL happy hour as I think I am not alone in my search for this.

Would like to add that tap beer is choice but I guess we can't have everything. Assuming the $30 imported beer is all bottled.

Last edited by Dreadnought; 14-08-2009 at 01:23 PM.

Oh, and the Whiskey Priest in LKF does a genuine 2 for 1 (at least on the Guinness, that's all I drink there) until, I think, 9pm.

And Bulldogs LKF is 2 for 1 on all standard drinks until 8pm.

But in general if you want to drink in LKF then you pay a premium. You can see this clearly by comparing the price lists of Cochrane's and the HK Brew House, which are run by the same company with the same menu. The HK Brew House (in LKF) charges $36 in HH for Aldrich Bay. Cochrane's (not in LKF) charges $28.

Go to Causeway Bay, and Innside Out (again, same chain) charges $48 regular hour with 2 for 1 HH (so $24 in effect).

Go even further to East End Brewery in Quarry Bay and it's $47 with 2 for 1 in HH.

Last edited by PDLM; 14-08-2009 at 01:30 PM.

I thought Bulldogs had 2 for 1 only on select beers (beer of the month). I forgot about Priest, yes I have had a few Happy Hours there, but I remember having stopped going sometime last year because the smoke was too much for some of my friends, though that shouldn't be a problem now.

Wonder if the Hoegaarden at Cochrane's costs the same as in Brew House. Guess there's one way to find out!

Thanks for all the feedback.

Should keep this thread going for real HH bars!

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker
    Wonder if the Hoegaarden at Cochrane's costs the same as in Brew House. Guess there's one way to find out!
    Clicking on the menus that I linked to above would be the obvious one...

Unless Bulldog's has changed recently, the 2 for 1 is on all house drinks (wines, spirits & mixers, beers (bottled & draught) and so on).

I find Al's Diner in LKF has reasonable prices during happy hour (up until 8pm) 24 HKD for a pint of Carlesberg, they also do Hoegaarden at happy hour prices, sorry, can't remember the prices for that.