Romantic Dinner Recommendations

Closed Thread

Romantic Dinner Recommendations

Sorry for bringing a topic up that probably has been discussed many times before... but I am in need of some advice.

My boyfriend's birthday is fast approaching and I am looking for a nice romantic restaurant to take him to. Cuisine does not matter, but it should be a quiet place to eat.

I have done a little research myself already, just wondering input from others.

One restriction I have is that I would like to keep the entire bill under HK$2,000 (main course with possible bottle of wine).

Thanks a bunch for your suggestions!

i'm sticking with my suggestion at the office.
    M at the fringe.
    hi eric!
    -m

If you want a quiet place to eat, then your best bet is at home. Take that HK$2000 and run wild at any CitySuper.
    IMO, I think your boyfriend would appreciate it a lot more than if you just took him out to eat.
    Helps if you know how to cook though.

131 in sai kung

I like the "at home" recommendation too. You don't even have to be a great cook! Just pick and mix from the deli at Great or City Super where they have an abundant selection of fish, deli meats, cheese, wines and deserts.
    I also love M at the Fringe. Aqua at 1 peking road. Great views, great food. Ole in Central, live Spanish music, excellent tapas and sangria. Cococobana in Deep Water Bay has beautiful sea views, you can listen to the waves while you dine.

Try Taku(Soho) for a good Japanese dining experience. If it is not busy they will apparently help with the romantic mood. Great food so ofeten busy ios the thing.

cafe deco on the peak is nice for views, food is ok, but reserve long in advance for a good table.

craft steak in soho is good and affordable, reserve table next to window on the right as you enter for highest privacy.

felix at the peninsula is pretty romantic

aqua is also a great view.

harlans at IFC has a nice ambiance.

Isola is also good for italian.

for fondu, swiss chalet in kowloon side is the best swiss food in hong kong.

romantic dinner

If it's a week night, then Cococabana on Deep Water Bay is quiet, and it's very chilled and sweet (plus, if it isn't busy the service should be ok..). That should bring you in around $1500 for two with a bouteille de vin.

Alas, Tribute has closed, as that was my usual for a romantic, quiet dinner. 131 in Sai Kung is a good recommendation, and to take the "at home" idea one step further, then why not up it and go for a picnic?

Arrange a speedboat from Sai Kung Pier around to Luk Keng beach (should be HK$1000 for a round trip), crack open the champagne and gorge on loads of deli food.

i quite like Suzuki Cafe in Langham Place.

its on a higher level, pretty cheap relatively, there is a nice atmosphere in langham place (a relaxing buzz without being chaotic like most of mongkok), and there is a nice view looking down onto the platform of langham place!

Spoon is a great spot for a date.

Great wine selection there.

Nicolinnis (sp?) another very nice place.