Ideas for a first date in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by RickyLeung:
    Thanks Dealth, I don't intend to shower her with expensive gifts, but I did get a gift, which was cheap and of great use to her (I let out what it was before the weekend and she said it will come in really handy, truth be told, it was a moment of genius and inspiration when I thought of it!!!)

I like the idea of Elements, whats the roof top like?

I'm with Jimbo on this one. You might have set the bar too high here for a first date.

You got to ensure that the new date wants to be with you then money and what you do matters a lot less.

I am intrigued by the gift she said she could use. Those for women can be dangerous as they always seek out others opinions as to what the gift says about them, not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    I'm with Jimbo on this one. You might have set the bar too high here for a first date.

You got to ensure that the new date wants to be with you then money and what you do matters a lot less.

I am intrigued by the gift she said she could use. Those for women can be dangerous as they always seek out others opinions as to what the gift says about them, not you.
    The gift was something I thought of, its more practical than anything.

The bar probably was set a little high, but I'm game for a challenge :P

[Now, if you'll all be so kind as to help me find a water/oil painting class in HK I will be forever grateful![/QUOTE]

If this request is linked to the dating thing, here are a couple of ideas around the art theme:

Art + food - what's not to love?
    The owner offers painting and ceramics classes too! It's a private kitchen set inside an art gallery and the owner is really good about explaining his art. He's also made virtually all the crockery the food comes on. (Remember to book ahead of time!)
    Oh, and the HK Film Archive is just round the corner, so you could really spin this one out...
    GITONE LTD.

Artjamming - I'm not sure if they actually teach you but it looks a lot of fun!
    artjamming.com : the world's pioneer of paintertainment

Last edited by z754103; 07-09-2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: left out phrase

Quote Originally Posted by z754103:
    [Now, if you'll all be so kind as to help me find a water/oil painting class in HK I will be forever grateful!
    If this request is linked to the dating thing, here are a couple of ideas around the art theme:

Art + food - what's not to love?
    The owner offers painting and ceramics classes too! It's a private kitchen set inside an art gallery and the owner is really good about explaining his art. He's also made virtually all the crockery the food comes on. (Remember to book ahead of time!)
    Oh, and the HK Film Archive is just round the corner, so you could really spin this one out...
    GITONE LTD.

Artjamming - I'm not sure if they actually teach you but it looks a lot of fun!
    artjamming.com : the world's pioneer of paintertainment[/QUOTE]

Wow! Thanks!
    Artjamming does look like fun! I'll phone up and ask about it! Thanks a lot!
    Gitone looks a little too serious for my liking, not what I'm looking for!

Try to do something active with her; shopping, taking a walk, have a drink are not active.

Maybe some sports, like thai boxing, rent a bike, play golf, tennis etc. This could break the ice of silence.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5