I want some reggae

Closed Thread

I want some reggae

I've heard about a place on Sundays that has a reggae band, but for us worker bees who have to get up at 6 am on Monday morning, that's not going to work for me.

Is there ANYWHERE on a Friday or Saturday that plays some proper reggae (and not just Bob Marley please, I'm talking about some real dancehall) and calypso?

Any Trinis or Jamaicans or Bajans in HKG know? I'm sure there are more West Indians here... and where there are West Indians, there is usually a reggae party SOMEWHERE!

the only thing i've heard of is club 97 on sunday nights

You can try Makumba, I have only been once and they did play some reggae but didn't hear any dancehall.

MAKUMBA AFRICA LOUNGE | BAR

It's a dancehall ting seen? I was just listening to Madlib's "Blunted in the Bomb Shelter." Not dancehall, but good old school reggae mixed up by Madlib.

There's a wicked local live Reggae band "Crazy Lion" playing this Wednesday in TST at a bar called Phonograph on Austin Avenue.

This is the link for the fb event for more detailed info:
    Login | Facebook

Also, keep an eye on news here: Heavy crew myspace

These guys put on proper Reggae nights every so often.

Have fun.

PLUR

Last edited by 3EM; 15-09-2009 at 04:29 PM.

In addition to this, keep an eye on events at a bar called Xperience (it's right at the edge of Wanchai (coming from Central).

Some mates have been putting on Reggae nights there on Thursdays (sometimes Fri, Sat as well) over the last few months.

3EM - Is that the bar that serves Red Red Wine and Buffalo Soldier Wings followed by Bob Marley Doughnuts.........Wi Jammin?
    Sorry couldn't resist.

silly mooncake you...