Good and cheap food Wan Chai

Closed Thread

Question Good and cheap food Wan Chai

Hello

Can any one recommend some good and 'cheap' chinese or other restaurants in Wan Chai. I've just moved here and money is a little tight at the mo. Cheers

The local char charn teng are pretty good and they are good value.
    I think from memory if you go down wanchai road from the johnston road end there are quite a few along the way. Goodluck!

Also if you go after 2 p.m they usually have tea sets which are around $25 hk or so.

Tropicana in Wan Chai (Vietnamese pho place) is reasonable and very good at tea time which lasts until 6 pm there IIRC. It is across the street from The Pawn which is Johnston (tram road) but it is actually on Tai Wong.

Pho is still good price post 6 pm too. Lots of choices.

I used to love Hay Hay on the corner of Lockhart Road and one of the cross roads.... 2 minutes from the MTR.

i like the beijing dumpling on jaffe road between luard and o'brien roads. very authentic.

actually also like the new chinese on the 4/f of the traffic/rockschool building. doesn't fit there at all, but their food is good (and affordable).

Landale street is popular as well...with a pretty good selection of Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai...

Last edited by Konijntje; 13-10-2009 at 12:36 PM.

oh! the beijing dumpling place is back! i used to go years and years ago. i was a regular! i was so disappointed when the closed because of the urban renewal! i'll have to see if the one you mention is the same people as the one i used to go to!

their dumplings were the best in HK! i took everyone that came to visit to that place...