Best Jazz Club in Central/Soho?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by big_apple_ken
    Peel Fresco and Gecko also sounds like pretty decent choices. Was wondering if my group is like 8-12 which of the suggested jazz lounges (Skylark, Melting Pot, Peel Fresco or Gecko) would accommodate us best size wise?

Gecko is a bit bigger than peel fresco. Your large group miight be better accommodated there
    cheers

You can find some information on Melting Pot on HongKongbarsclubs.com. Seems to be a good Jazz bar.

The Melting Pot | Soho Mid-levels - Hong Kong Bars Clubs

Quote Originally Posted by StephenJScott
    Gecko is a bit bigger than peel fresco. Your large group might be better accommodated there
    cheers
    But even in Gecko, 12 people would take up the majority of the space (pretty much all the seats). Skylark is a bit bigger, but I haven't been there since it was Vibes.

If Skylar is bigger then that might be the better choice (plus location is great). On a side note: are there any stand-out jazz acts at any of these places you can recommend?

So I think I'm going to give melting pot a go. Going with just another friend. A few questions:

- Anyone know if there's any way to find out who's playing online? I just want to get an idea who plays on weekdays and weekends. Or pretty much my only option is to call to find out.

- Do you need to reserve a table and if so how much is the cover (if there is one)? Which is considered the 'best' seating there for 2-3 people?

- Any reviews from people who have been there?

Thanks!

Gecko with no live band on weekends, I remember the band is playing on Tue/ Wed/ Thur. It's casual, I don't think you need to make reservation.

Not sure the others.

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by big_apple_ken
    So I think I'm going to give melting pot a go. Going with just another friend. A few questions:

- Anyone know if there's any way to find out who's playing online? I just want to get an idea who plays on weekdays and weekends. Or pretty much my only option is to call to find out.

- Do you need to reserve a table and if so how much is the cover (if there is one)? Which is considered the 'best' seating there for 2-3 people?

- Any reviews from people who have been there?

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2