Clockenflap II!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Clockenflap II!

Hey everyone, is anyone here going to this year's Clockenflap at Cyberport? I've only just heard about this and am super excited about going (been looking for something like this ever since I moved here from the States 6 months ago).

do you have a website? almost forgot about it

Me too! So excited, an actual 'indie' festival.

Los Campesinos are so awesome live and Blood Red Shoes. Eeep I'm happy just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by doubtful:
    Me too! So excited, an actual 'indie' festival.

Los Campesinos are so awesome live and Blood Red Shoes. Eeep I'm happy just thinking about it.
    I know! I pretty gave up hope seeing anything remotely indie here after I left the US, so this is like Godsend to me.

I'm actually not as familiar with Los Campesinos, and Blood Red Shoes I just started listening to 3 days ago. But Yacht and Hot Chip...never did I think in a million years they'd be in Hong Kong.

Now, bring on some big-name indie bands! Maybe some Wilco...or better yet, The Flaming Lips?

Los Camps are cute twee pop, very entertaining live I saw them back in England once. YACHT are going to be immense to, it'll be good to check out the chinese bands too.

Flaming Lips, that would be sick. We can but hope... Pavement are reformed... *crosses everything*

I NEED DECENT MUSIC.

Quote Originally Posted by adarklighter:
    Now, bring on some big-name indie bands!
    uhhhhh.... isn't Big-name the oppositte of indie?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by doubtful:

Flaming Lips, that would be sick. We can but hope... Pavement are reformed... *crosses everything*
    I saw The Flaming Lips live once back at Florida when I was in college. Free show too. Wayne Coyne and his giant bubble, people dressed up as giant bunnies...just classic.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    uhhhhh.... isn't Big-name the oppositte of indie?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Damn....you got me there.....damn.
    Last edited by adarklighter; 22-10-2009 at 03:51 PM.

Well 'indie' has become such a loose term, I'm sure bands like The Smiths, Pulp, YYYs can be reffered to as indie bands... in the sense that they had origins within independent labels.

I'm hijacking this thread to ask what do you guys like to listen to music-wise?

I listen to essentially everything but pure country. Even alt-country is fine. I should just answer by saying what I'm listening to right now, which is the new Flaming Lips, Ian Brown, Against Me!, Phoenix, and Antony & The Johnsons.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast