clubbing solo?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

clubbing solo?

Hi,

I have recently relocated to Hong Kong and I have lived in hong kong before. I used to attend the ESF school south island and I went back to Britain before I found out something was missing in my life; Hong Kong. Now i'm here at my first year at HKU and it's quite boring to say the least.

well anyways, I'm wondering is it normal to hit the clubs alone or will people give you the weird eye or will they not even care? And can anybody really tell me what goes on in clubs in HK? Yes the last time I was here in hk was 13 so i practically know nothing about nightlife in Hong Kong.

From where I'm from, it's normal to go to the pubs alone but then the casual police does a load of ID checking there so i only managed to go to the bars when i was of legal age. There were no good clubs anywhere near from where i lived in Britain so I don't have a clue what's going on in clubs.

I know this seems an odd question to ask but i'm just wondering is it normal to go clubbing solo in let's say Edge or ING? I don't want to bump into anybody that used to go to SIS and give me the weird eye. Besides, it's only my second week here so that's why I can't find anybody to go LKF with.

Last edited by the_vial; 03-11-2005 at 05:07 PM.

I would say it depends on your personality. I don't have enough game to go out solo but if you have done it before then I don't see what the problem is. You can do it!

the_vial, keep your eye out on these forums for LKF events. They do happen quite frequently.

what do you mean?
    people club solo frequently?

well if so that relieves a lot of my stress. but what do people in clubs think? do they give you that weird look cause you're alone or do they not even cause the musics boomin too loud?

No, I am talking about Geoexpat LKF drinking sessions. They happen quite frequently.

I am sure there are people who club solo, but I do not tend to take note of these things.

honestly, noone cares about going in solo... Just do your thing and dont worry about what anyone else says

Also, there is a mass of get-togethers on this site as well- you should jump in on one of them and you will be sure to have many friends to go out with after!

LKF = Insomnia, answer the question to most people

the live band was originally singing in Wanchai= Dust till Dawn..

but Dust till Dawn was over-occupied by "postitute" or ladies who go there for business.
    most tourists and businessmen go to Insomnia to have a good/relax time now...

huh i didnt get the previous post the insomia stuff?!

Hi, everyone!! My name is Phoenix, I just move back from NY to Hk!!!
    When I was in NYC, I went to club solo often, and I didnt see the problem at all. so last week, I went to club in HK by myself (since i dont really have friends in HK), holly cow, once people know that I was alone, they looked at me like I was from some other planet. I could only say that HK clubbing culture is so different than western's one. If u are guy and go to club by urself, HK'ers usually think that u are trying to get lay, or if u r girl, they will think that u r a slut. In conclusion, u better go to club w/ ur friend!!!
    By the way, whoever wanna make new friend, please let me know, cause I wanna make new friend!!!!
    friendster: [email protected]
    stay cool!!!

When I was single in a strange place, which is essential where you find yourself now, I did things solo. It's a litle unerving even after a few times and boring too but stick with it and some good people will find you and make you feel welcome. It's fairly safe here and you're unlikely to end up in someone's basement performing as their gimp.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast