Prive

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Raised in Toronto, Enjoying life in HK now

Prive is definitely not where the mainlanders hang out!

It's "members only" but like all the clubs here, if you go clubbing a lot and the door guy knows you or you know ppl working inside, they will let you in for free.

Although, if you're just popping by & it's not a busy night, you can probably get in anyway (as long as the door guy finds u decent enough).

Lots of ABCs and BBCs in Prive. It gets rammed on a Saturday around 1am. Me and my friends go pretty regularly and we're not members, but we know the bouncers pretty well now.

If you go at 11pm you should be able to get in. It will be pretty empty but it will fill up from midnight. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Load Toad:
    And strangely most members only clubs in HK are full of the sort of people you wouldn't want to spend a lot of time near to.
    Amen to that. I would rather eat my own eyeballs than spend an evening with the tossers in Beijing Club.

i used to go clubbing alot. then stopped once i realised that im paying loads to cram into a place with pretentious wankers... haha!

i probably saved about HK$2000-3000 a month (assuming a night out costs about HK$500+).

i still go out occassionally and may even get back to doing it before i get old again.

i dont like prive because of the ppl who go there. Beijing Club is a bit better but for $300??? i used to go clubbing for 3 quid in UK as a student... and get 50p shots of vodka!

You have to ask yourself what is the clubbing experience for? For me it is mates, fun (booze, other 'stuff' sometimes), music, good atmosphere, no hassle, the opportunity to meet new people, the opportunity to get laid. It is not about queuing up, standing around with a bunch of 2@s, being granted through $$ alone the chance to sit in a certain place, to be with terryphuqwits so bothered by being cool they can not enjoy themselves.

For these reasons, several years ago I stopped going to private clubs completely.

Ahah so true i love volar for that it like a big roundabout where people just turn round all night saying hello to friend they don't give a shit about and can't even hear because of the crappy loud music being play...

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Amen to that. I would rather eat my own eyeballs than spend an evening with the tossers in Beijing Club.
    Doh, so the people in Beijing Club and Prive are not a friendly crowd?

Quote Originally Posted by karina026:
    Doh, so the people in Beijing Club and Prive are not a friendly crowd?
    In my experience they're not there to meet new people, just to show off in front of their little circle. Hence all the reserved private rooms and all that BS. You can find thousands of nightclubs like this in China but you can't have fun at them.

You can find thousands of nightclubs like this in China but you can't have fun at them.
    not strictly true - depends on the club ;-)

But in spirit I agree with you.

I have met numerous friendly people at Prive. It gets a little crowded and 'shovy' sometimes though.

In any case it's free entry so you can always check it out and go somewhere else in Lang Kwai if you don't like it.