Like Tree1Likes

First date: where to bring her?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Go to a high end steak house then after dinner tell your friend that you wish to see the owner as he/she is a friend. this will impress her, but do it privately. Once in private complain about the food, service, etc and demand the dinner for free. Hey presto! Got yourself a date, good food and a free meal not to mention the kudos from knowing the owner which she will tell her friends about.

...also, what happened to "going Dutch?" ...surely, pooling your resources with your date will give you more choice..? ...if a Girl is prepared to "go Dutch" with you, you know there is a fair chance of she is into you...

how do i ask the girl who work at a bookstore out?

Quote Originally Posted by apple&dog:
    how do i ask the girl who work at a bookstore out?
    Helps if you open your mouth, and communicate with her.

Don't be surprised if she gets annoyed at you, as you wouldn't have been to first guy to bug her for a date, at work..
    Last edited by Skyhook; 22-11-2009 at 12:00 PM.

...same way you ask any Girl...with respect, charm, sincerity and dignity...and always smile...

how to start the convo?

"...Hello...i hope you don't me asking, but would you be free to come out with me sometime..? ...Maybe for coffee or lunch..?"

Have you spoken with this Girl before..? ...Do you know of any interests she may have..? ...Give some background info.

Quote Originally Posted by glux:
    Do you have any ideas? Some romantic places to go to or things to do? Some nice restaurants?

I'm a student, I can't afford to bring them for an afternoon tea at the Peninsula. (Budget: from HK$50 to HK$150)
    Do lunch in Causeway Bay, followed by a stroll through Victoria Park.

Quote Originally Posted by apple&dog:
    how to start the convo?
    Maybe you should ask the guy who's offering lessons on social skills for men on another thread. But personally, I would start with "hello".

Quote Originally Posted by Boro Boy:
    "...Hello...i hope you don't me asking, but would you be free to come out with me sometime..? ...Maybe for coffee or lunch..?"

Have you spoken with this Girl before..? ...Do you know of any interests she may have..? ...Give some background info.
    Have you spoken with this Girl before..? No, but i saw her a few times.

she worked at a bookstore. she is like a cashier / staff there.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast