Back to the Unresolved TV Issue

Closed Thread

Back to the Unresolved TV Issue

So.... is there anyway a satellite dish or some internet TV gadgets can make watching uncensored US TV possible? Channels I want are ESPN, Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, ABC, CBS, etc.

i got cable but i dont see any espn, comedy central, cbs, etc. they do have cartoon network. i had to order nba tv for 300 hkd to get my nba

in short... no... there is no way to get these channels... the US satellites do serve asia....

you CAN download almost everything from the internet...otherwise you can have friends record stuff and send you the tapes/dvds... or you can rent/buy most things from the states...

Quote Originally Posted by Lorid0o0b:
    So.... is there anyway a satellite dish or some internet TV gadgets can make watching uncensored US TV possible? Channels I want are ESPN, Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, ABC, CBS, etc.
    Since when is TV censored in HK?

since always. movies are all chopped up

tv in the states is censored too... think back a few years to the hoopla over janet jackson's boob

Quote Originally Posted by Lorid0o0b:
    If you're considering setting up your own dish then you could contact one of the pubs that currently do this like the Pousada at Hebe Haven or Devil's Advocate in Wanchai.

Of course network TV (and therefor Janet's boob, Chris Rock's mouth etc.) is censore in NA, but i think the real issue here is movies on HBO/Cinemax, which are not censored in NA, but are here. Thank the powers that be in wherever the Asian feeds originate. And no, no, no, you can't recieive US satellite signals in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by timklip:
    Of course network TV (and therefor Janet's boob, Chris Rock's mouth etc.) is censore in NA, but i think the real issue here is movies on HBO/Cinemax, which are not censored in NA, but are here. Thank the powers that be in wherever the Asian feeds originate. And no, no, no, you can't recieive US satellite signals in HK.
    Thank God I didn't subscribe to HBO. They must originate from Singapore then I'd assume. A real shame, i was tempted to subscribe to any of the digital TV or satellite providers.