Learning snowboarding in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Learning snowboarding in Hong Kong

This may sound stupid, but are there any where I can learn snowboarding in Hong Kong, even there obviously there's no snow. I heard in Singapore you can learn skiing even though there's no artificial/real snow, because they teach you the techniques and etc..

I'm thinking about the same in Hong Kong for snowboarding, and I would like to learn snwoboarding.

Quote Originally Posted by rite9009:
    This may sound stupid, but are there any where I can learn snowboarding in Hong Kong, even there obviously there's no snow. I heard in Singapore you can learn skiing even though there's no artificial/real snow, because they teach you the techniques and etc..

I'm thinking about the same in Hong Kong for snowboarding, and I would like to learn snwoboarding.
    Well... first thing, there is no substitution for boarding on piste when starting out. It really is the best way. Particularly snowboarding which varies enormously depending on the type of powder.

With regards to dry slopes in HK, I have absoultely no idea about that. I have never heard of one in HK. Some friends wax lyrical about Gulmarg, which is quite far and not sure what its like for a begginer. Check this out tho ... http://www.himalayanpowderdreams.com/

AmandaS

Lightbulb

Who would've thought? There actually is a place to learn snowboarding in HK called Slope Infinity in North Point.

http://www.geoexpat.com/resources/he...inity/details/

hehe omg THANKS!

you just brightened up my day!

AmandaS

Awww glad to hear

Jeez ... who would have thought. Sure glad we have this new super moderator on board.

I'm retiring.

Slope8

Slope Infinity is fantastic. I took one lesson and learned enough to spend a weekend on "real" snow with no problem. The instructors are foreign-trained and really great. Do wear long trousers (rug burn).

yeah but the price is crazy!!

anybody suggest another place.. I heard window of the world in shenzhen has real snow..does anybody go there regularly?

Have you consider learning surfing or skating longboards? The techniques are somewhat similar. You'll still need a quick lesson when you hit the slopes but knowing how to surf helps quite a bit.

Agreed

Learnin to Surf is a good start and so is skateboarding... Slope infinity is great. but yeah price is abit steep.

maybe if you can find a hill *if* then sand or grass boarding might be the other way of getting a closer feel.....