Rolling Stones are back .....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rolling Stones are back .....

Just incase you're not sick and tired of hearing about the geriatrics and the antics of the organisers, we have news from the UK that the Stones are back in town.

(Incase you missed out on this -- we almost lost the opportunity to watch this mega-mega band at the mega-mega harbourfest!)

In a surprise turnaround, the Rolling Stones said on Monday they would play two shows in Hong Kong next month, even though the local promoters announced last week they had withdrawn their offer to the British group.

"We have received the deposit money from Hong Kong and the band's lawyers have a signed contract having concluded negotiations last week," Rolling Stones tour director Michael Cohl said in a statement.

"This will be the first time in their 40-year history that The Rolling Stones have performed in Hong Kong and they look forward being part of the 'Harbourfest' festival."
    Someone ask me what I *really* think about this fiasco!

hey

So is it on or off?

We have already confirmed 6 interviews with the artists coming but communication with everyone involved sees to be sketchy.

I am still waiting for certain information about the event from the PR company that I asked for 3 weeks ago.

Last edited by nickwillsher; 14-10-2003 at 01:53 PM.

Nick,

When you're involved in a mega-mega event like this, you don't ask silly questions like "will the artists show up".

:rofl:

hey

yeah thats true. Not asking if they will show up just wondering if it is going to happen.

Lets wait and see what HK says after this press in reuters yesterday.

InvestHK director-general Mike Rowse said on Tuesday he would discuss with the American Chamber of Commerce whether the Rolling Stones would be performing in the Hong Kong Harbour Fest next month.

The organisers of Hong Kong Harbour Fest said last Friday the British rock band – one of the festival’s biggest draws – would not perform in the territory after they failed to line up concerts in the mainland.
    This is moronic.. so, let me get this straight. Even Mr Rowse does not know if the Stones are playing and he has to "discuss" this with the AmCham?

*sigh*

While its amusing... atleast a few hundred dollars from my next tax return are going into this fiasco. (Keep in mind more than half the people in HK earn a tax free income, including I suspect Uncle and cousin Li).

If the Stones do not turn up, will we all get a tax rebate?

Tickets are on sale at www.hkticketing.com
    The prices are scary though, but I guess that was to be expected...

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

my last post on this this subject

The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing-or so it would seem.
    I smell a conspiracy here.
    Mr Rowse the token Chinaman in Mr Tung's Administration, meets up with his doppelganger Clive James who just 'happens' to be in town and they hatch this stupendous plot get as much free publicity for Harbourfest as it is inhumanly possible.

To keep with the "will they won't they" saga the world's media will be forced to camp out in Honkers till the very end as I expect this tale to wag every so often over the next few weeks , which will require immediate live interviews with Mr Rowse who will of course deny all knowledge of anything thereby requiring more senior journos to be sent to cover the circus.

Expect 5 star hotel rooms to be scarcer then hens teeth.

Long Live Rock and Roll

Word is that the Rolling Stones are going to do an acoustic set at Rockit...

The word is that it might actually rain during 'Purple Rain'

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast