Where to celebrate New Year's Eve in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I want party ! I want party ! I am definitely up for a good party if there's one.

Alot of bars/clubs will have partys organised for new years and qill try to sell tickets in advance ranging from $300-2000 inclusive of some number of drinks.. Regardless they hardly ever sell out but still tend to mark up the price of tickets on the door. I have been to LKF a few times for new years but to be honest its just so expensive and so crowded you tend to forget why you are there and think more about punching the 20 people that keep stepping on your feet
    In conclusion i recommend staying away from LKF and just grab everyone you know in hong kong and go to a beach or something! bring a stereo and load of alcohol and you will have a far cheaper and imo far more fun night!

(tho i think i will still end up being dragged to some overpriced event :s)

Boat trip on Dec 31

In fact I've joined my NY eve boat party organised by my colleague's friend (this year will be the 4th anniversary of such event and i had no idea in the past years??!!) anyway, since i've got no plans so i've signed it up, it's around 400, dun expect a wild nite but u can meet some new people, win some prizes and count down in victoria harbour, sounds alright.

Your right generally, there is not to much going on each year, but like me a lot of people have to stay for work.

I will be at the Grand Hyatt Ballroom this New Years Eve

Quote Originally Posted by hughb2000:
    In conclusion i recommend staying away from LKF and just grab everyone you know in hong kong and go to a beach or something! bring a stereo and load of alcohol and you will have a far cheaper and imo far more fun night!

(tho i think i will still end up being dragged to some overpriced event :s)
    I'd be quite up for doing this if you actually plan on this. I'm coming to HK on the 30th of December and i don't know if i'll be up for dealing with the full on madness right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebkk:
    In fact I've joined my NY eve boat party organised by my colleague's friend (this year will be the 4th anniversary of such event and i had no idea in the past years??!!) anyway, since i've got no plans so i've signed it up, it's around 400, dun expect a wild nite but u can meet some new people, win some prizes and count down in victoria harbour, sounds alright.
    I'd also be up for something like this. What exactly would something like this entail?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jadebkk:
    Where to buy ticket? It's not $800 HKD Cruise Ship boat party? I may want to join that one.

4 years ago guys!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Oh ***t! 2005 old post!!!!!

Last edited by CV666; 07-12-2009 at 02:25 PM.