Date night suggestion

Date night suggestion?

Finally getting a nice long night out with my husband, and want dinner at a nice restaurant.

Here's the brief:
    - Not too expensive- under 1500 for the two of us, with wine, and maybe desert
    - On the island or in TST (time is a premium, don't want to spend it traveling)
    - Any cuisine except Chinese, Sushi or Indian, just not in the mood for those
    - Nice atmosphere- doesn't need to be romantic (after almost 20 years, any time without children is romantic), but should be interesting. Either a nice view, or cool decor, or interesting people

Suggestions please...

Last edited by saun-fam; 15-01-2010 at 04:12 PM.

I love the Pawn in Wanchai. You can just scrape in at around 1500 for 2 with a bottle of cheaper wine. Food is ace

menu on here http://www.thepawn.com.hk/

Cafe Deco on peak has great view and food is good too..

Dining Concepts Ltd.

BLT Steak, totally within budget and with a good view as its at the ocean terminal.

Or Union J in LKF

http://www.timeout.com.hk/restaurant...2/union-j.html
    Last edited by jimbo; 15-01-2010 at 05:26 PM.

I think you'll struggle to find any real deserts in Hong Kong.

That aside, my recommendation would be the Wanchai branch of Wooloomooloo, which is within your limit if you have one of the cheaper bottles of wine. Excellent steaks (and some seafood etc) & service. Good views if you get a window seat. Roof-top bar for a preprandial aperitif if the weather's nice (watching the light display at 8pm if you time it right).

I love Olive at Elements (rooftop), sit outside, ask them to turn the heater on if you need it. Def within your budget.
    El pomposo at Elements (rooftop too) is also pretty good!

You can always have a drink at the living room at the W afterwards/ before dinner..

I second Wan Chai Wooloomooloo - one of the best views in the city.