Like Tree6Likes

The apology on the front door of Feather Boa

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix2:
    Could you tell us her nationality and whether she is fat...

We need to have an vague image so we can start generalizing and bring out our prejudice properly.
    didn't enter my mind that she was fat... i just assumed she was AMERICAN! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Jimbo, what do you mean by 'go elsewhere'?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Bars and places where you feel comfortable in hanging out of course
    What did you think I mean?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Bars and places where you feel comfortable in hanging out of course
    What did you think I mean?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    thought you meant get out of hong kong lol. Yeah I don't go to those bars much.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    FINDS is the same and $100 plus for a drink, plenty of Bars around that charge that sort of money.

Mat, The banking industry is full of snobism and every man and his dog knows that.

Its common knowledge that I don't like G2000 only for the following reason, The quality of the material and the cut I don't like, They don't last long.

I would rather spend $1000 on a shirt thats going to last me years than $300 that might survive a year. I have 80 pound shirts from London I've had for 5 years and they still look good as new, I can't see that happening on a $300 shirt.

Justjoe

Image and status is the HK way, its always been like that.
    If you don't like it then just go elsewhere, I go to places because I like it not because I have to because its a way of 'networking'

Billion club, Dragon I, etc etc I won't go to. Full of spoilt brats and gold diggers and so forth.

Will send you my tailor's contact :P

I pay 270 per shirts and they last (at least I go there for the last 4 years and I still wear some of them) ))

For the record, I don't go to FINDS too ;-)

I wasn't trageting you Jimbo, just the whole Snobism thing in general.
    Don't worry.

Who is your tailor?

I would like to start a new bar where I will overcharge my drinks, but it comes with a free side of verbal abuse and public embarassment.

That way you get a drink, a show, and some humble pie.

Quote Originally Posted by aliendavid1:
    Who is your tailor?

I would like to start a new bar where I will overcharge my drinks, but it comes with a free side of verbal abuse and public embarassment.

That way you get a drink, a show, and some humble pie.
    from the sounds of this thread that's exactly what the feather boa does
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    didn't enter my mind that she was fat... i just assumed she was AMERICAN! LOL!
    Well we don't have to be specific, we can blame it on what ever nation each one of us hates...French, German, Italian, American, Idian, Pakistan etc... pick one except Spain, Spain is great. People are wonderful there, and they also know how to play football.

judging by the behaviour as it was described, i assumed she was american...honest.

New development at everyone's favorite bar. They are asking westerners if they are members.

I walked by there early this evening looking for my good friend Jimbo getting his Feather Boa'd in my Hollister shirt and A&F short pants. The curtains were completely closed when I walked by so I crossed the street and turned back. They slid the curtain over and I walked by again.

If that place had any taste in decor it'd have no taste at all. I'd not be caught dead in my nicely fitting G2000 shirts! I am not a fan of the tailored shirts as I like to have a good fitting shirt without all the extra cuffs and initials which make me uncomfortable. G2000 shirts are the only shirts I have ever found that actually fit me perfectly and I like to kid Jimbo about it.

The Duncan Findlay Republic of Singapore handwritten and newspaper apologies were both on the windows/doors making it proof positive that the folks who run that place are from another planet.

Now if Jimbo who is a good person says it is an okay place I'd have to believe it must be okay as he is pretty rationale. No wonder jimbo didn't reply to me PM about a drink. He believed I 'd turn up in a G2000 shirt!!!

Last edited by Football16; 15-07-2010 at 12:09 AM.
    pudcat likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast