Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By punk

African music/reggae

Closed Thread

African music/reggae

Anyone know of any decent clubs that play African music? Or reggae? I've read about a couple of reggae nights, but on Sunday and Thursdays - not good with early work starts. Anyone been to them, and if so, are they any good?...

Quote Originally Posted by Jendi:
    Anyone know of any decent clubs that play African music? Or reggae? I've read about a couple of reggae nights, but on Sunday and Thursdays - not good with early work starts. Anyone been to them, and if so, are they any good?...
    Oh, please say it's true. If you know of local African/Reggae bands, it would be great to book them.
    Leung Jobe likes this.

The one on Sunday is at Club 97. Pretty quiet when I went...music was good, though. DJ's rather than a band. They play dancehall later on at night. I might go on Sunday, actually, since I'm off Mondays. Let me know if you guys wanna go! They have Hoegaarden on tap, one of my favorites.

Mondays

Lucky you - off on Mondays. Trying to psych myself up one Sunday, but get up before 6 normally, so need to be selective!

sleep all day sunday, come out at night, go home, get a few more hours sleep, go to work

a plan

There's a plan. After the New Year I'll take you up on the suggestion. See if we can get a group together to go dancing.

one of the bars on Old Bailey St does. Maybe Vodka 8

rani

So what kind of music do they play. Do they play bob marley music in the club. Where are they located?