Cyber ???

Cyber ???

Anyone heard or have been to this club, if so how is the crowd and the atmosphere. Rumours persist that this place gets raided by cops frequently, is that true.

Quote Originally Posted by AMCH
    Anyone heard or have been to this club, if so how is the crowd and the atmosphere. Rumours persist that this place gets raided by cops frequently, is that true.
    i have never been in there but from what i have heard, its the local crowd, almost all of them not speaking any english, i also heard drug use is very common and is a favortie hangouts for triads.

ecstacy bar...

stay away.

Smile

hmmmmm... i was there once with few friends who were leaving back to Swiss.... It was a nice experience and they play good techno music... Yeh i heard that it is a shady place... but as long as you are good... things will be good... mostly u find the young local crowd who are under age and trying to get in with what ever possible way.... My opinion is that we were lucky, but would suggest to stay away with what we hear from experienced........

I went there a couple weeks ago on a Sunday. I knew it's gonna be a "local" scene but I thought the music outside was good (some dark progressive house) so I assumed that that was the live feed from the decks and went in.

The dancefloor is HUGE, by HK standards anyways. The sound and lights are pretty good (they have lasers). The hallway leading to the dancefloor is decorated like a spaceship, a really tacky spaceship. The hallways goes around the dancefloor like a labyrinth, and there are rooms on the side (VIP rooms? Karaoke?) Personally I thought it reminds me of a sleazy gay bathhouse.

The music... um though... How should I put it? It was all crappy remixes of Asian (Cantonese, Madarin and Japanese) pop tunes. Everything sounds like the DDR soundtrack. There may be a couple English pop/hip-hop tunes now and then (I think they played "Holla Back Girl").

It was pretty packed for a sunday. The crowd was surprisingly friendly (compared to the pretencious crowd in LKF). Mostly locals, but I met a couple of oversea Chineses who doesn't speak any Cantonese, some white guy, and some Israeli guy.

Few people were on E, though a lot of people were doing K.

I had fun, but I don't think I plan on going back any time soon. I heard Frankie Lam (or someone else) is trying to play more breakbeat and house there. It'd probably more fun if the music was better.