Like Tree7Likes

phd pizza and pizza hut

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

PHD is only set pizzas, in other words you cant order what you like. there is no create a pizza option, and there is no way to order a pizza and cancel a single topping. im pretty sure they just have frozen pre-made made pizzas that are "hand tossed and fresh"

Having been past the shop on Bonham Road I can say that that is wrong - I saw them tossing pizza crusts.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Having been past the shop on Bonham Road I can say that that is wrong - I saw them tossing pizza crusts.
    that may be....i never went in. but i do know for a fact that 3 locations i have ordered from in past do not do custom jobs. therefore you can not cancel one topping or add one topping. You can only follow their set menu. This is why I assumed it was frozen pre-made pizzas. I certainly like it better then regular pizzahut, but wish they would allow custom orders...like a standard pepperoni and cheese. instead i order from PizzaBox...as they are exactly like Dominos Pizza...which is kind of good from time to time.

According to their menu you can add toppings.

Can you tell me the how the pizzas are different from pizza hut, taste-wise?

Did it taste like pizza hut pan pizza or like pizza from a proper pizza oven?

Quote Originally Posted by Spambot:
    According to their menu you can add toppings.

Can you tell me the how the pizzas are different from pizza hut, taste-wise?
    See post No.10

Did it taste like pizza hut pan pizza or like pizza from a proper pizza oven?
    Like pizza hut, meaning nothing close to proper pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    Like pizza hut, meaning nothing close to proper pizza.
    Where "proper pizza" is a completely variable term depending on where in the world you come from.

i would say its nothing like pizza hut. pizzahut is soaking wet with grease. PHD has a drier fluffier crust. the only way i can explain it is to compare it to PizzaBox or Dominos Pizza. Its certainly not great, but its better then pizza hut.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Where "proper pizza" is a completely variable term depending on where in the world you come from.
    Apparently that means Chicago.

I am sorry, but I couldn't disagree more. The pizza originated in Napoli, and everything that differs from the original isn't a pizza.

Of course you can slice a piece of bred, add tomato and cheese and whatever and put it in the oven, and it might even be good (it's pretty good when I do it). You can also call it pizza if you want. The name doesn't make it a pizza.

Similarly, you can can produce some revolting (vomitevole in Italian) crap and call it pizza. Pizza hut does. The name doesn't make it a pizza.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

John, you'd be surprised at how many people do not know that pizza originated in Napoli (and imho the best place to eat pizza). Some folks believe pizzas, or "pizza pies", originated in Chicago, New York, et al. And that the Napolian pizza is not real pizza because it doesn't have a meat-lovers' special or anchovies... or pineapple...

Now if pizza could get the same name protection of, say champagne...

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 03-03-2010 at 10:23 AM.
    Skyhook likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast