Where to go Sunday and weekday night - female alone

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Where to go Sunday and weekday night - female alone

Hey

I am a female in my 30s travelling in HK for a few more days.
    Last night I went alone (how brave!) to Dusk Till Dawn and had an amazing time (although very strange with all the "working girls" arround...)

I am looking for a fun place for tonight and the next few nights where it won't be terribly awakward to be a female alone, where I can meet people (they're not too busy with the w orking girls...) and where Foreigners hang out (too many expectaions? hey, I am here to have fun!)

thanks!

Abby

Normally i would reccomend Kangaroo bar in Wan Chai, lockhart road, but you might find yourself a bit out of place it's mostly a younger crowd there, place definately worth checking out it Belaika, russian themed bar with a huge freezer that fits about twenty people (they give you coats) awesome experience and not too badly priced either for vodka shots. Otherwise any place in Lan Kwai is good, if your not short on cash that is, hit up HK brew house or twenty one, not sure how good on weekday nights though

If you liked Dusk Till Dawn, I think you would def like Insomnia in Lan Kwai Fong. They're owned by the same people, and since Insomnia is in Lan Kwai Fong, it means that the working girls won't be there!!!! (well I'm sure there would be some, but they would be high class ones so you won't even be able to tell.)

Thanks!
    I have been reading about Insomnia. Is it any good Monday or Tuesday night? When is a good time to go (not to be the first one that is...)
    Ideally I'd like to go one place Monday and another Tuesday

The freezer place sounds interesting too!!!

Thank you

Abby

Hmmm...well it def won't be as busy as the weekend, but I think there will still be people since it's a bar. A lot of people go there after work since it's close to offices and stuff. I can't really tell you what time would be good, but I think it's a good idea to go by there (cos the place is pretty open you can see whether it's busy or not when you walk by the street) at like 7 or so, if it's not busy, you can go to another bar around there for a drink, then go back there later in the night. Insomnia is very well situated so there should be people.
    Have fun!

If you are still here on Thursday night, there are free Salsa lesson at the One Fifth (Wan Chai, behind Three Pacific Place)...

Dear Abby,

Would you interested hanging out with me to enjoy ? I am working in wan chai and sometimes going to clubbing alone. I would like to meet partner going with me.

Tom

Insomnia

Insomnia is a great bar but just because its in LKF doesnt mean its working girl free unfortunatly. In my experience very few bars in HK are Worker free.

If you like listening to a live band, try the Cavern in LKF. We had our GeoExpat party there last month and it was loads of fun! Plus there are very few working women around.

Rani

Wow ! I was also there last night !

I was also there last night! The band paerformance was really cool ! Most people got high (perhaps, drunk). I really like the atmosphere !! Yet, since I carried a lot of things and wore a cowboy hat(?!), I dared not dance and jump together :P

------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first time to the forum. I am not sure if I ,as a Hongkonger, am welcome to post here. anyone can tell me ?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast