Like Tree1Likes

looking for cheap beers.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Eh? Since when was it not possible to pick up beer at 3am in a convenience store in the UK? Is that another thing that's changed since I left?
    Well, not sure about Tesco/Asda/Morrissons/etc but you can certainly buy beer 24/7 at many newsagents. Legal or not - don't know, but picking up a 6 pack certainly is not difficult even after midnite if one is so inclined, at least in my old stomping grounds in london.

I recall 4 years back when i was staying near embassy row / kensington and man, the 3 stores i popped in had their alcoholic areas sealed off.
    Didnt know if there was a special local bylaw regarding off licenses in london, but it looked just like quebec back home. forgive if i mistook that as the law.

The law has changed in the last couple of years in the UK to allow the selling of alcohol 24/7, although you do need to apply to the local council. I know all of the supermarkets and petrol stations near to me sell alcohol through the night... I've used them!

Although to be fair 4 years ago this wasn't the case.

...i know of a few dodgies who will deliver beer, cigs and munchies in the small hours...kinda cater for after-hour parties and spliff-fueled sessions...some even advertise...mainly Indians, i believe...

umm all the big supermarkets which open (almost) 24/7 in london seal off the alcohol section after 11pm

not sure about the small grocery stores / newsagents though. never have the need to buy alcohol in the middle of the night!

Quote Originally Posted by Boro Boy:
    ...i know of a few dodgies who will deliver beer, cigs and munchies in the small hours...kinda cater for after-hour parties and spliff-fueled sessions...some even advertise...mainly Indians, i believe...
    Might as well put drugs and prostitutes in the mix to.

Quote Originally Posted by aliendavid1:
    Might as well put drugs and prostitutes in the mix to.
    ...no problem...let me know your address...lol

Shenzhen brewed Kingsway is $9 for 3 at the local supermarket. And do checkout the baijiu and other chinese wine/spirit range. You can get a tasty bottle of 30 % 500ml for under $20. Cheaper if you go for the clear crap.

Apart from rent this is an alcoholics paradise. Though park benches are usually free.

Drink on the roof of IFC and you get a world class view for free. I wouldn't drink a Kingsway up there though! lol

Last month while shopping at PNS, i saw cans of Bear Beer $10 for 3 Large cans, so bought 6, It said extra strong on it so i thougth I'd give it a try with the mates while eating hot pot, none of us could even finish a can, it was that bad, tasted sort of like thinner. picture of the beer below.

[ame]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j72/Suensyan/Keraily/Olut/Tolkit/040BearBeer.jpg[/ame]