solo clubbing in Kowloon?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

solo clubbing in Kowloon?

Hello all,
    I'm looking for a place to enjoy some music and dancing in Kowloon this week. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Mike

There isn't a big choice for clubbing on Kowloon side. The only one I can think of is Cyber8 which is a big club on Nathan Road that plays 'canto-trance' & RnB but I'd really advise against going there alone because I've seen it get a bit rough. HK Island is only ten minutes by MTR, and would be much safer if you're into clubbing solo...

so what's a good place to solo clubbing in HK island?
    any recommendation?

There's always Yumla & Drop which are pretty friendly and don't require a membership to get in like a lot of the others (Dragon-I, Jewel etc).

But it depends what kind of music you're into really?

yes Yumla is good as suggested by Saltwater.
    Dragon-I is good too and I never had any problem to enter (no membership or else)..each time I just showed up and enter...maybe I was lucky those few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Dragon-I is good too and I never had any problem to enter (no membership or else)..each time I just showed up and enter...maybe I was lucky those few times.
    Maybe you just showed them your wallet full of cash?

Quote Originally Posted by saltwater:
    Maybe you just showed them your wallet full of cash?
    nahhh I'm not like that...

drop and jewel are nice... expensive and a bit abercrombie and fitch, but still nice if you're into that crowd. Dont go there before midnight though or it will be a ghost bar...

Last edited by goergeWbush; 17-01-2006 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saltwater:
    There's always Yumla & Drop which are pretty friendly and don't require a membership to get in like a lot of the others (Dragon-I, Jewel etc).

But it depends what kind of music you're into really?
    where exactly are they?

Quote Originally Posted by pondok:
    where exactly are they?
    To get to Yumla, start at the 7-11 at Lan Kwai Fong and walk up the hill past the street all the taxis go through. Take the next right, walk up to the end of the street and you get to an open, terraced area with lots of trees. Walk up the stairs and Yumla's right there. Keep walking past it, take a right down the stepped street and Jewel is on the left somewhere.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast