Indian Lunch Buffet?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

For me Branto falls firmly in the beggars-can't-be-choosers category. A rather low quality and greasy Bombay gujju-style place whose southern fare is surprisingly better than their native fare. Thali is OK for HK. Their gol gappas (panipuris or puchkas if you're not a punj) overpriced at thirty odd bucks for a plate of broken semolina-made (not atta) pieces and very average paani must be among the worst I've had anywhere, but the problem is where else in HK can one get any? (Forget Kiran's takeaway packs in Mirador).

In the Bombay of the eighties that I knew, even the low profile Tulsi behind my old office, and a slew of modest gujju-veggie style eateries (not just Purohit or Samrat near Churchgate) we knew were several notches better than Branto.

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

Once we're getting into the high-brow range, the Indian buffet lunch at the lobby bar of the Conrad has to be one of the best. Even dosas made on cue. Bill for two incl a soft drink each was around 300 HK.

indian lunch

There is one more veg. restaurant in TST. Its called woodlands.
    They were in Mirror Tower and now moving to Wing On Plaza at Mody Road/Chattam Road. You can try after few weeks.

kowloon Regal Hotel in TST East have a good Curry lunch buffet. $88 each, its not bad

Three and a half years later and still getting replies!

always good to update this kind of info. This is CURRY we are talking about.

Curry is very very important. LOL

Absolutely - can anyone confirm if the above listings are still active? I'd love to find some curry lunch buffets other than the Conrad - which we love but only go to when the boss is paying.....!

Tandoor is the current winner in my books. expect to pay about 150 a person. was very disappointed with bombay dreams never again. another place I like a fair bit is the dickens bar in excelsior... great place for a friday long lunch and the quality is back on track.