Phantom of the Opera in HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

looking at the prices on the DBS poster, I'm not sure why i'm paying $603 for July 29 matinee. I hope that's a discount on the $790 seats rather than a premium on the $490 ones.

has anyone got an idea where the cast is from? Or is it locally recruited?

anyone get tix for this? only tix left are the $790 & $890 ones. besides Tom Lee, where else can i get tix. thnx!

deleteduser

Wow I'd like to see this again! I have watched in in Vancouver and Seattle, and it never gets old.

I don't know if I'd want to see a local cast though... Something wouldn't be right, hearing "Phantom of the Opelah!"

i want to fo to see that 2.
    But it's hard to find someone who is free in July.
    They can't decide whether they will be free....
    so, will you all group together to see it?
    can I join?

Red face Bought tickets in $890 each

I bought the tickets already , but because it's on FRIDAY, it costs me $890 each...Casts are originally from London. So I think it's worth it! The DBS ticketing was completely sold out for the best areas...I dunno about the other ones....I never seen it before, so I really look forward to it! but I'm thinking to go with my BF (cos he seen it with his EX-gf before, but he's not like he wanted to see it again...), find a new BF to go with? or should I took a 12 years old teenager to let her experience this great musical? haha

Phantom on July 30, sunday

If anyone wants to see it on Sunday 2 pm, just PM me. I got one $490 seat spare.. (upper circle, third row and in the middle) as I'll be seeing it on Sat evening instead.

yeah im going there too... got some tix on sun 2.30pm.
    790,- each though

still, looking forward to see it

Wink The Music Of The Night

I got a $790 ticket and was hoping to see Michael Crawford, the original Phantom, but I noticed its a much younger Phantom named Brad Little. He has done a good job singing, but his voice was somewhat shallower than Michael's.

Michael makes the best version of Phantom with a very commanding presence on stage. His voice is soft but strong; floating yet penetrant.

The Wiltshire-born singer has the kind of voice that pulls you in and makes you part of the music ... night time sharpens, heightens each sensation ... ...

Michael hasn't done the role of the Phantom for years. If it was the original London cast, you'd definitely be paying more than $890...chances are you'd have people flying in from across the world to see that.

Right. He's what 64-year-old now ...