Like Tree8Likes

Visiting Hong Kong for the first time

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Visiting Hong Kong for the first time

Hey guys! First post on this forum. Me and my girlfriends are visiting Hong Kong for the first time this summer, I have a few questions, hope they are not too much of a bother!

1. What are the popular nights out spots in Hong Kong? Any clubs or bars you would recommend?

2. What kind of IDs do they accept? We have never been to Hong Kong and we'd rather not take our passport with us during a night out if possible (in case we lose them while drunk and can't get back to England!) - would UK driving license be ok for club entrance?

3. We will be staying in a hotel near Central, what would be the best transport to return to Central after 1am apart from taxis?

Thanks!
    Charlotte

Quote Originally Posted by cmeredith:
    Hey guys! First post on this forum. Me and my girlfriends are visiting Hong Kong for the first time this summer, I have a few questions, hope they are not too much of a bother!

1. What are the popular nights out spots in Hong Kong? Any clubs or bars you would recommend?

2. What kind of IDs do they accept? We have never been to Hong Kong and we'd rather not take our passport with us during a night out if possible (in case we lose them while drunk and can't get back to England!) - would UK driving license be ok for club entrance?

3. We will be staying in a hotel near Central, what would be the best transport to return to Central after 1am apart from taxis?

Thanks!
    Charlotte
    1. Wanchai is a popular area for nightlife, 'Club Neptune' seems to be a popular place for young ladies in your agegroup.

2. Not sure about which ID but I would imagine a driving licence would be fine, if you are asked at all.

3. Taxi is the way to go, the fare from Wanchai to Central will only be around 2-3 pounds.
    cmeredith likes this.

1. Assuming you are either all women or a guy posting with some g'fs coming too, Wan Chai has bars and clubs as posters say and so does Lan Kwai Fong which is a must visit bar area as is Soho - restaurants and bars. Tsim Sha Tsui has some bars too.

You might be more specific as to what kind of club you are seeking - music etc as some here could be more specific as to places to go.

2. After 1 am just take a taxi. Not sure you could navigate mini-buses (either find them or get off) or even figure out the night buses. It took me a long time here before I trusted jumping on a red mini-bus at night not knowing the exact route at tmes and of course how to tell the driver to let me off.

Taxis are not that expensive for a group of 3 or 4 sharing especially if you are coming from Causeway Bay, Wan Chai back to Central. Lan Kwai Fong and Soho are walking distance of course.

Last edited by Football16; 22-05-2010 at 09:32 AM.
    cmeredith likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    1. Wanchai is a popular area for nightlife, 'Club Neptune' seems to be a popular place for young ladies in your agegroup.
    Is that supposed to be your attempt at humor? Not funny.

The only women in Neptune are pros! Unless you want to earn some extra cash i'd stay away.

Lan Kwai Fong would be a good place to start. Lots of bars and very few clubs around.

Most places wont ask for ID unless you look extremely young. Highschoolers seem to get in everywhere without being carded out here.

Cabs are cheap here.
    cmeredith likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown_By_Nature:
    The only women in Neptune are pros!
    Not true - I know several women who go to Neptune II from time to time and aren't pros.

In most Wanchai bars late at night a fair proportion of the women will be pros or semi-pros. But then again you always pay for it one way or the other so I don't see why this is a big deal for guys.
    cmeredith likes this.

No problem for guys at all, but I don't think Charlotte wants to go to a place where the majority if not all of the women are there working the floor.

She might not like the "how much for short time" pick up line.

cmeredith likes this.

So which bars with music in Wanchai (or even LKF for that matter) aren't heavily populated with working girls late at night?

Obviously the following all are: Insomnia, Bar George, Dusk til Dawn, Neptune, Amazonia, Traffik, Escape, Boracay, Galaxy, Spicy Fingers, Rock School (if it has any people in at all), Joe Bananas, ...

(I don't go to LKF these days - I prefer to drink at sensible prices, so I'm sure there are more...)

cmeredith likes this.

Neptune, Traffik, Escape, Amazonia, Boracay, Galaxy.

The above all seem like places that are filled with working girls only. (I may be wrong, just my perception)

Mes Amis, Dusk, JBs seem like they have a mixed crowd of working and non working girls.

Lan Kwai Fong has much fewer working girls around in any of their establishments I feel. Again, I could be completely wrong.

cmeredith likes this.

You're certainly wrong about Amazonia in my personal experience - many non-working women go there for the music.

I think in LKF the pros tend to be more experienced, working independently, and "upmarket" in their appearance, so it's hard to tell them from the crowd. Many in Wanchai are newly trafficked in by the criminals controlling them and tend to stand out a bit.

cmeredith likes this.

Haha ok, we are mostly girls and just want to have some fun, which probably doesn't help with having pros around!

We don't really have a specific music preference, but then I guess mainstream music like R&B and Hip hop would do.

Lan Kwai Fong - any recommendation for good clubs there? We don't mind paying a little more if it is worth the money.

I was talking to a chinese friend, and she mentioned something about "dragon i" and "volar"? Are these places any good?

Thanks!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast