Catering on a junk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Catering on a junk

Has anyone got any good experiences from catering firms/restaurants that provide lunch on a junk? So the sort of food I was thinking was finger food like bbq chicken, sandwiches, spring rolls, beer etc...

I need to organise the catering for this Saturday, so I really should book it by tommorow, and frankly I havent got a clue

Please help...!

All the people I know who have done this have booked a package (from Jaspa's or Saffron) which included the junk, food and freeflow booze... Can't the junk operators help you with some suggestions?

ive never done outside catering on a junk - but i did just go on the jaspas junk last saturday night - and it was AWESOME!
    great food!

appetizers - chicken satay, lamb koftas, chicken and veg quesadillas.

food - steak, chicken breast, greek salad. mixed grilled veggies (zuchinni, squash, potatoes, etc), veggie lasagna (layars of veg and cheese - no pasta), baked salmon - yea...as u can tell i luvd it all ! lol
    o and then chocolate cake at the end
    and of course unlimited drinks, wine, beer, soda, seabreeze

it's $550 a head tho - but it was lotsa fun!
    good food, good dancing, good company

Yeh, Jaspas sounds good in terms of food choice and cost. I just had the chicken on the run menu sent over which looks alright. I will check Jaspas out shortly....

Thx!

You can also try Crunch
    and Pepperonis have a reasonable party menu too.

BTW.... I thought i'd give you a quick update on my junk catering experience.....

Went with "Chicken on the run" in the end. The menus that jaspas and pepperonis sent me were just regular restaurant menus, and hadnt really catered for bulk orders, even tho the food looked great.....

Placed the order no problems on the phone. The lady was pretty helpful and she knew what is expected on a junk (ie, reminded me about ordering napkins, condiments etc...)

However, on the day, the food arrived 45 mins late. It was pretty annoying because I had called up earlier in the morning, and I was told everything was OK, but when it came to delivery time, nothing arrived. The restaurant were blaming the delivery company, and vice versa. Needless to say, they experienced my best english abusive language and 10 mins later the food arrived. I asked them to discount the bill, to which they obliged.

I have to say the food was very nice. Rice, chicken, bread, salads, chocolate brownies etc... Pretty good value for money too, we had plenty of food for 20 guests and the bill (no drinks) came to 2200 Honkies.

So overall I would recommend Chicken on the Run to anyone considering catering on a junk, PROVIDING you pick up the food yourselves!

Thanks for the update! Strange Pepperonis didn't send you the catering menu.
    I've ordered for kids parties and they have a different menu and the price is for a 9X11 dish.

Rani

Next time around. I'll hook you up with Crunch / Shamrock (new advertiser here...) ...

Well when the weather gets better I'll arrange a GeoExpat junk party to one of the islands one weekend...

ye! i was lookin @ a ic of the shamrock junk! very cool! do u kno bout how much the pepperonis and shamrock junks r?
    do they include unlimited drinks?
    tnx!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast