Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sayaka
  • 1 Post By bbchris
  • 1 Post By Its.a.bean

Looking to form/join a band

Closed Thread

Cool Looking to form/join a band

Hiya, I'll be living in Hong Kong for a while and am looking to form/join a band to play at live events whenever possible. I'm 19 and would be happy to fill in as lead or rhythm guitar.

Musical taste - Mainly rock or Jrock

A few bands/artists I like are -Hendrix, Oasis, Gorillaz, The Cure, X Japan, MUCC, Alice Nine.

PM me if you are interested or have any advice on where to look

J

Hy there!!
    I have a been a long time searching people for jamming!! normally i practise drums during the week at Mong kok. do u want to join? say something for 9850 9606
    Cheers
    Diogo

remember to check out the classified ads for musicians at The underground
    The Underground Home 主页

Your post is a bit old but I am really looking to form/join a band as well.
    I am guessing your not from Hong Kong? Neither am I, I am a Canadian girl 23 years old looking to sing and song write. Let me know if your still interested.

We also have the same taste in music which got me interested.

Hello,

I was wondering if you were still up for forming a band. I'm a singer/songwriter and I will be also getting a keyboard soon!

Im 23, female, british and have a rock/jazz/blues voice.

Let me know

Hkxcoloncleanse likes this.

Wow, sounds like you've got a great voice! Have you checked out the classifieds at The Underground website (http://undergroundhk.com) quite a few good bands have formed from using the free service.

The Underground is an association formed by musicians to make the live music scene better in Hong Kong and it's more than just a live music showcase, so I would check it out.

Meanwhile, Merry Christmas everyone!!

i'm looking for someone to play music with!
    27yrs old female guitarist/vocalist from japan.
    can't play any solos but can play the guitar and sing, been playing the guitar 15yrs or so, used to busk on the street ;P
    used to play in a covering band playing the rhythm guitar and singing.
    i like to play Avril Lavigne, The Eagles, The beatles, Maroon 5, Greenday, The Carpenters, Eric Clapton etc..

sorry i'm not good with jamming as i can't play solo.. just covering the songs would be good for me.

22, female, classical/jazz guitarist. Suck at improv and I'll warn you now not to ask me to sing hehe but I was privately trained for years. If you have some sheet music, I'm all good if anyone's interested Anddd as an added bonus, If you pay, you'll get to see my sexy, sleek, smooth...guitar's body and delicate long neck. :P

hey guys. i'm a singer songwriter type too, would be good to find some people to jam with and sing some harmonies. you can find some of my music at http://www.facebook.com/stevewestlakemusic?ref=hl, get in touch if you want to play together.
    S

not sure why my post was deleted? Just mentioning THe Underground in Hong kong helps creative musicians form bands and find other like-minded musicians (some amateurs, some pros) . Hope geoexpat made a mistake as surely a thriving live music scene is what we all want?

Bands like We Wanted To be the Sky have formed from using the classifieds, which is a free service. Scroll upwards for the previous post with the website url

Editor note: We do have a Classifieds section for this under Artists and Musicians

Last edited by Editor; 23-01-2013 at 02:52 PM.