Like Tree3Likes

Is punk dead in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is punk dead in HK?

Hello, just moved to HK from Canada for about a month and a half now
    and I was wondering if there is a punk music scene here at all. Any local bands, shows etc.

If none available, can anyone please recommend other upcoming live music shows as well, preferably along the lines of punk, hard rock, or metal.

Thanks!

its mostly covers bands in HK, i think Rock School in Wan Chai (opposite Dusk till Dawn, 2nd floor i think) will have local original bands on a friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by James_:
    its mostly covers bands in HK, i think Rock School in Wan Chai (opposite Dusk till Dawn, 2nd floor i think) will have local original bands on a friday night.
    more accurately above Joe Bananas - opposite Dusk til Dawn is Cinta J which if your looking for punk is definitely not the place to be.

ah, you must have missed the Heavy show that The Underground held earlier this month (see The Underground Blog Archive Underground Heavy #3)

Defiant Scum is a great HK punk band, check them out if you can, they have a myspace site too.

For your info, The Underground is an organisation that holds events in various venues in HK, promoting original music of many genres. So punk is in there too. They also brought Sham 69 to HK last year, they're pretty punk hahahahaa)

I never knew it started in the first place!

Never seen a punk dude or dudeet in the streets at all!

punk pop, i.e similar to blink 182, look out for a band called dear jane, not bad at all.

Hi Raur, there definitely are some punk bands in HK - they often rehearse next to our place If you are into some heavier (but not HC like the awesome King Ly Chee) then check out my fave: This Is Ammunition. some of them might be on STAGE TUBE - The Online Music Platform as well, but not sure.

And if you want a taste of the local HK scene go to youtube and search for Underground Hong Kong and you'll find a long list to listen to across genres.

Peace!

// Fred

raur likes this.

Oh, and "Live Fast Die!" as well of course.

ok last post... and check out Trinity Records up in Mongkok, they specialize in death and black metal but might have punk as well - they would be able to connect you to shows I gather... peace!

raur likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast