Where to go and meet people?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Where to go and meet people?

Hello everyone,

I'm moving to Hong Kong sometime in May (depending when the visa comes through) and whilst I'm really exciting to get the chance to move to Asia I'm coming on my own so I'm a little apprehensive about making a few friends. Just wondering, where are the best bars or places to go to meet similar people to me? I'm 28, British, I like watching sports, drinking, movies...all the usual stuff really. I'm not looking for places to meet women (although I am single so I wouldn't be averse to that ) but more just places where people hang out and have a beer and a chat. Am I likely to be looked at as a complete weirdo because I'm out on my own or don't people really care? I worked in Tokyo for a while and never really had a problem meeting people, but I don't know if HK is similar.

Anyway, thanks for any suggestions
    JC

dont worry JC. i think hongkong is even more easy to fit in than japan though japan is really cool too. its alrite to go out alone, coz ur gonna meet loads of caucasians in hk, esp in central. if u wanna get to know some buddy, u should go to lan kwai fong in central or wanchai. there are loads of bars n clubs there where u can meet some cool people from all different countries. what are u going to do here in hk?

Honestly mate I think you're gonna meet more people here than you did in Tokyo. The Chinese chicks here will be all over you since you're a Brit. lol...Lan Kwai and Wanchai are definitely the places to go.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    Honestly mate I think you're gonna meet more people here than you did in Tokyo. The Chinese chicks here will be all over you since you're a Brit. lol...
    Haha, sounds good

Seriously though, I don't want to sound like some desperate guy on the look out for women because that's not what I'm going to HK for (2 words: experience and money), was just wondering how the land laid in HK regarding the ex-pat community. From reading this website the last few weeks it seems like it's pretty easy to meet people so I'm happy about that

you'll be fine man...especially if you have a little cash in your pocket.

Angry chinese chicks can be cool too

Hey im a bit offended when i read this. chinese chicks are nice and friendly but they arent desperate for Brit haha at least im the one whos not. its not about ur race, but your character.

Honestly mate I think you're gonna meet more people here than you did in Tokyo. The Chinese chicks here will be all over you since you're a Brit. lol...Lan Kwai and Wanchai are definitely the places to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ayukobaby:
    Hey im a bit offended when i read this. chinese chicks are nice and friendly but they arent desperate for Brit haha at least im the one whos not. its not about ur race, but your character.
    Don't you say on another thread that you won't date chinese guys and only date white guys?
    Last edited by JonnyC; 26-04-2006 at 06:37 PM.

haha there's a lot of chinese girls who will only date white guys nowadays. those are probly the ones to avoid

ayukobaby is on a distinguished road
    AWW what a shame. im a complete oppposite of your ex. i had been dating with caucasians and im always attracted to them lol and now it becomes even serious that im never gonna dated chinese guys but white guys haha i think they're very sweet, funny, intelligent, caring, cool, good looking. actually i just came back from uk and planning to move there next year. i really like western culture n i think im more westernized than the people here. i just joined this as to meet more caucasian friends hehe this is the first msg i send, hope i'll get some reply. cheers.

She actually said that in her first post! Wow.

haha sorry

Hey r u teasing me? i dun mind to hang out with chinese friends as i do have chinese friends too. just that when it comes to bf, i think white guys' way of thinking and acting is pretty close to mine n i seem to get along better with them than local guys haha. hope u wont judge me for that hehe its just a preference. maybe i should be quiet right from the beginning.haha now i'll shut up then

ayukobaby is on a distinguished road
    AWW what a shame. im a complete oppposite of your ex. i had been dating with caucasians and im always attracted to them lol and now it becomes even serious that im never gonna dated chinese guys but white guys haha i think they're very sweet, funny, intelligent, caring, cool, good looking. actually i just came back from uk and planning to move there next year. i really like western culture n i think im more westernized than the people here. i just joined this as to meet more caucasian friends hehe this is the first msg i send, hope i'll get some reply. cheers.

She actually said that in her first post! Wow.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast