Eurovision 2010

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eurovision 2010

Hi,
    does you know if anyone is going to show/broadcast Eurovision final this Sat? Any bar? Sounds very unlikely though...
    Thx

...my money is on the Greeks...

Gosh, I can't spell today... it should say *do you know...*

Greek you say... hm, one way to find out. Are you gonna watch? Where and how?

Eurovision Drinking Game

Given the likelihood that you will be drinking quite a lot, according to these rules, we would recommend a low-alcohol beverage. Passion Pop mixed with lemonade to taste is ideal. You may also want to consider a perversion of the national drink of your favourite team. How you interpret “sip”, “gulp” and “skol” are, of course, up to you.

Sip for:
    •Any all-white ensemble (skol for a full white tuxedo)
    •Glitter or rhinestones
    •Hair or headgear bigger than the wearer’s face
    •Face paint
    •Any song actually sung in the native tongue of its country (France excepted)
    •Any song you believe to be sung in the native tongue of its country, but that then turns out to be in English
    •Shirtless beefcake dancers or bikini-clad tottie
    •Any points actually received by the United Kingdom
    •Tenuous ring-in competitors from other countries (see: Celine Dion)
    •Off-key singing
    •Stage junk: fake instruments, performers who aren’t singing, dancing or playing anything,
    •Any instrument onstage that nobody in the room can identify.
    •Any appearance by an accordion.
    •As a special tribute to 2009’s winner, any gratuitous string accompaniment (the saxophone solo of the new century)

Gulp for:
    •Costume perversion of national dress
    •Any performer who arrives on stage through a means other than their own feet (e.g. stilts, motorcycle, lowered from ceiling on glittering camel)
    •Any outfit so ridiculous that you feel the need to drink to make it go away
    •Pyrotechnics
    •Oversized novelty anything
    •Onstage disaster of any kind
    •Human pyramid
    •Any item of clothing ripped off during a performance, accidental or intentional

Skol for:
    •Gratuitous inclusion of a celebrity (See: Celine Dion)
    •Wardrobe malfunction
    •Made-up languages
    •Yodelling
    •Veiled references to facism
    •France sings in English
    If the United Kingdom still has nil points at the end of the show, finish your drink.

(from Crikey.com.au The Eurovision drinking game – Crikey )

Quote Originally Posted by solus:

Are you a masochist? I would have thought it was an excellent way to clear a bar. "Shall we go an watch a live band?" "No let's go and listen to 4 hours of unbelievable crap".

Quote Originally Posted by solus:

...sorry my friend, but i was (trying) to be ironic...maybe i should have said, "my money is with the Greeks..." ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Boro Boy:
    ...sorry my friend, but i was (trying) to be ironic...maybe i should have said, "my money is with the Greeks..." ...?
    I've heard they are entering the Jeff Beck song: "going down, down, down".

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Are you a masochist? I would have thought it was an excellent way to clear a bar. "Shall we go an watch a live band?" "No let's go and listen to 4 hours of unbelievable crap".
    Had a party one year with the ESC on in the background with subtitles. It was VERY funny indeed.

Call me weird but I actually like to watch the Eurovision final, just because it's cheesy, terrible and gives you such a good laugh. The worse the song/performer/outfit the better! It's also funny to see how some countries take the competition so seriously. If there's no bar where I can watch it, I'll try to look for an internet site that shows it live. Although, considering the time difference between Europe and HK, sleeping might seem more appealing to me...

Quote Originally Posted by roots:
    Call me weird but I actually like to watch the Eurovision final, just because it's cheesy, terrible and gives you such a good laugh. The worse the song/performer/outfit the better! It's also funny to see how some countries take the competition so seriously. If there's no bar where I can watch it, I'll try to look for an internet site that shows it live. Although, considering the time difference between Europe and HK, sleeping might seem more appealing to me...
    Years ago there used to be some awesome BBC commentary along with the Eurovision. Not sure if it still happens? But they used to provide some very colourful commentary.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast