Like Tree6Likes

Can I post a link to a website about the other side of HK?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I hardly think it's whinging to complain about some of the more 'local' aspects of HK when you come from pretty much anywhere else in the world.

The site talks about people who barge onto trains or elevators before other people have gotten off. So HK.

And many more the site talks about.

Original Post Deleted
    Oh right...well I must have made the edit in short time after posting. When you do that on some forums the edit notification doesn't show up...some they do...some they don't

I thought the stuff about hygiene was brilliant actually. It is SO true.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by randy1:
    I think this site is typical of the views on any Whinging Pom (such as The Brit) for example. I agree though, its a funny site thats for sure!

For those wondering what a "Whinging Pom" is, in summary its someone who comes to a country from England and then spends his time complaining about how things are wrong with the country he has moved to.

See below the definition from the Urban Disctionary of this term:

"A person of British origin who will consistently complain about any situation that they may face. They are emotionally unable to deal with any sort of adverse condition without commenting negatively about it.

The typical ‘whinging pom’ can be often located in such global locations such as Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Singapore and Hong Kong. Though also found in multiple other locations in high concentrations (such as the USA), they tend to countries that at least pay some lip service to their beloved monarchy."
    Are you glad to get that out of your system? The poster on that site is not a whinging pom, but a whinging North American (we "poms" need to ensure the purity of the insult ).
    Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 24-03-2011 at 04:36 PM.
    MovingIn07 likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    i beg to differ, in fact i might even try to claim that it originated on Park Island.