Like Tree51Likes

i just did something very naughty!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

i just did something very naughty!

So I went into a computer centre (I won't tell you which one for fear of reprisal).

I got harassed and in particular, by one very pushy salesman. I was just looking around - browsing - and he was trying to sell anything and everything to me (granted, this is his job). Anyway, he offered his business card in case I needed something. I said "no thanks - I work two minutes away - I'll just come and see you if the occasion should arise" and he insisted on giving his card to me so I finally took it.

On the way back, loads of hawkers were out and one company (known for its very aggressive marketing techniques) had the slogan "Give us your business card and we'll give you a free bag!". So I did - with his business card. I agreed that I could be contacted in every way about everything.

Mwahaha

I really hope he doesn't find out.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    So I went into a computer centre (I won't tell you which one for fear of reprisal).

I got harassed and in particular, by one very pushy salesman. I was just looking around - browsing - and he was trying to sell anything and everything to me (granted, this is his job). Anyway, he offered his business card in case I needed something. I said "no thanks - I work two minutes away - I'll just come and see you if the occasion should arise" and he insisted on giving his card to me so I finally took it.

On the way back, loads of hawkers were out and one company (known for its very aggressive marketing techniques) had the slogan "Give us your business card and we'll give you a free bag!". So I did - with his business card. I agreed that I could be contacted in every way about everything.

Mwahaha

I really hope he doesn't find out.
    Good idea, I might try that one some time!

pure genius!

Great story. I was a bit disappointed as I had hoped to be seeing your video of something a bit spicier though.

What kind of bag?

On a similar tack, I've always been tempted to try and get a free lift into town by taking one of the placard (e.g. "John Smith - GE" etc.) holding drivers at the airport.

Anyone ever tried this?

InigoMontoya likes this.

A canvas tote bag with the company's logo scrawled all over it. Good to put rubbish into.

There wasn't even anything in the bag! It was empty!

big yawn ^^

Today, I took an item from Wellcome that was labeled "HK$ 15.5 special price".
    The cashier wanted to charge me 15.5 so I said yesterday the price was 14.90.....
    Cashier went to check, still insisting on 15.50
    Then I had her call the manager, same argument, eventually he said he could give it to me for 14.90.....
    I am sure the next guy they charge 15.50 again

In sum, special price at Wellcome ( or in HK ?) almost always means more expensive than before.

Now I am starting to understand those activists who filled up their carts and then decided not to buy... that was at Park'n shop though.

Last edited by Morrison; 15-04-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    dear giant likes this.

I want a bag.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    I want a bag.
    All you need is a business card!

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    All you need is a business card!
    I want a business card.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast