Like Tree4Likes

Trump v/s Sugar - Which Apprentice Show?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Really enjoy the UK version, esp the "You're Fired" show that follows.

Don't tell me what happened last night (will be watching it when I get home)!!

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Really enjoy the UK version, esp the "You're Fired" show that follows.

Don't tell me what happened last night (will be watching it when I get home)!!
    The hero got the girl and disarmed the middle-eastern nuclear warhead aimed at D.C. Token black guy died.

Sorry for ruining it!

P.S. Totally agree - but Chiles was better than current incumbent Dara!

Was watching the UK one a few seasons ago and there was this obnoxious woman on it, then remembered I had taught her - and she was an obnoxious student too.

shri likes this.

Ah I prefer TV Burps take on it.

Both Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Which Apprentice show do you prefer? The US show with Trump or the UK version with Alan Sugar?

(The UK season has just started)
    I can not believe that these two actually made it in the real world. How on earth could these two idiots become stalwarts of British and American entrepreneural figure heads.??
    Thank goodness " The Don" has decided to step down from the presidential race, I was really becoming concerned about America.
    In answer to your question, I think Donald is my candidate , as the show fits his profile as an idiot perfectly.

apprentice uk kicks the crap out of trump's one.

man that man is so horrible. his kids are horrible, he has zero taste trump tower and is horrible office is horrible..

sorry can't take the americans seriously on there- they don't even pretend to be pro's - as for the women - cocktail dresses all the time it seems?

ok last years uk one had Stuart bags - I guess that was the entertainment...

sugar has way more class! and everythin seems a bit sharper.,, ok I come clean I'm a Brit!

As long as we don't try and take it too seriously, I like the UK one for entertainment and slightly less gimmicks, as well as seeing more of the tasks.

My biggest problem with the UK one this year is that they have changed the format (It is no longer a job interview, but a quest to go into a business partnership with a 250k investment) yet they have not in any way changed the format of the show... What kind of idiot invests 250k into a business based on a candidate's ability to sell orange juice on the street, or spray fake-tans??? SURELY if investment is the focus, it should be more like Dragon's Den... They should be talking about the BUSINESS, numbers, ideas, experience, etc.

So basically, while the mammoth job interview format was at least in some way plausible (We've all had weird tasks in job interviews) this new investment idea basically says - People like Dragon's Den, so let's try and slightly copy them. Also I guess it gives them more opportunity for follow up shows. All in all, it says "This show is purely about the money we make from viewing figures and nothing to do with the end product"

So, Dragon's Den wins it for me!

I get more satisfaction watching Baby TV. What would Trump look like with sugars facial hair and what would Sugar look like with Donalds hair style.? Would love to see all the possible permutations.

The reverse pterodactyl was frickin hilarious, almost as much as Stuart Baggs! Now that's what I'm talking about! Sugar's actually quite funny and sensible! Although best reality show I watched last year was Masterchef Australia and then the kids version too!!

Last edited by anannya; 28-05-2011 at 09:41 AM.

Sugar, because he has a better sense of humour and they find the weirdest ppl on the UK apprentice! ie. as someone has mentioned already stuart braggs! They even had a time when during a job interview this guy was doing an impression of a bird/dinosaur or something like that!