Like Tree34Likes

Mother-in-law advice....

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    That's being stuck between a rock and a hard place!
    Divorced the wife, kept the mum, problem solved.

I think I am on this one with hull, but, I guess in the end I took a stand with my ex who had zero common sense as to how to behave in front of ppl. The moment I found out she insulted my family, like really insulted, not just said things in the privacy of our bedroom, I realised this is never going to work, so now wife's an ex and mum is still my dear mum .

This type of stuff reminds me how fortunate I am to have a good relationship with my MIL.

There is a 3rd group - not a momma's boy and not dancing to the wife's tune; your own man who knows that you put your wife ahead of a meddling mother.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    This type of stuff reminds me how fortunate I am to have a good relationship with my MIL.
    I'm even more fortunate in that my wife is not talking to her mother so I don't have to either.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Same here. It does help that her mum is hot stuff and that I ungraciously flirt with her at every given opportunity.

Jay - that third category is reserved for people like Chuck Norris and Alan Shearer - not normal people like you and I unfortunately
    Dreadnought likes this.

I once went out with a 47 yo back when i was in my mid 30's. She was pretty hot but a little bit leathery. Anyway her daughter was 22 and a model. That made me hotter! I had fantasies about that, though, whatever those fantasies I had they didn't eventuate.

Hull, she's not speaking to her mom, cuz mum is upset she married you?

LC, I am in the 3rd category. My wife quite often defers to me as the man. But other times I remember she is from a head hunting tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendJay:
    Hull, she's not speaking to her mom, cuz mum is upset she married you?

LC, I am in the 3rd category. My wife quite often defers to me as the man. But other times I remember she is from a head hunting tribe.
    She is really good at manipulating you then - and you do not even notice it, Hats off to the wife.
    Ramdom likes this.

I'm actually closer to my wife's family than my own. Her parents are great, I talk to at least one of her sisters every day. They came for a visit at Easter and one time after playfully teasing her she told me to shut up...dad sat her down and gave her a talking to about respecting her husband! :P

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast