Like Tree114Likes

What is the most absurd thing you have witnessed in HK ?

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    the road to hoi ha is not at the end of pak tam road. i don't recall being able to see water from both sides of the road from there. as a matter of fact, i can't think of where you are talking as there is only ever water on one side of the road.
    Like I said, I'm looking on google maps and trying to work it out. I don't see that the exact location really matters in any case. I don't dispute that I needed a permit for the road I was on.

i'm more wondering about my kids out riding their bikes... granted, they don't ride on the roads... but still would be very interesting for me to know... my helper occasionally rides her bike to the next village to visit friends.

i'm more wondering about my kids out riding their bikes... granted, they don't ride on the roads... but still would be very interesting for me to know... my helper occasionally rides her bike to the next village to visit friends.
    Ok....I'll find out exactly where it was and PM you if you like. In fact I also have some photos of the exact location taken during years SPCA dog walk. Happy to PM then too if you like.

that would be great. i'd appreciate it. thanks!

hmmm... the guy next door has 3 motorbikes, all with the necessary pass to access the country park... would that be illegal, too?
    His country park permit is for access to his home on certain paved roads within the country park that he lives, not the country trails which are used for hiking and so on.

thanks, emx... but gmi got a fine for riding on the road... not on a trail. that is why i'm curious as to the rules.

It does seem bizarre in the extreme to have a ban on bikes on ROADS in the park. It would seem to be an ideal place for them! Not upsetting hikers and very few cars. HK can be VERY odd sometimes.

Is there any way to make this a separate topic/thread, so that people become aware of this? Sounds so unfair!

As the result of strong winds an island has materialized in front of my eyes.

and on the 2nd of January, bus driver's Cantenglish: " holydeee" what ? "holidaaaaaay!" oh, ok.

ok. that's it for today, 3 posts and I am out.
    ( actually 4 already )