Life without Twitter?

Closed Thread

I like to read more than 140 characters and prefer longer format online sources.

My facebook usage is once every couple of weeks, mostly to check that friends are alive and doing ok. Have about five or six tweeters I follow. Rarely ever post on either of them as I have little to broadcast to people. I often cringe when I see mind numbing, self promoting updates from people who need these media to convince everyone how glamorous and hot their lives are.

If most people who're not doing the media thing take a few seconds to read what they're posting and consider if their posts really matter to humanity, I'm sure we'd see far fewer and far more meaningful updates.

Things I cannot do without - an hour or two of mindless TV every day. Mostly Jon Stewart and a couple of other shows I follow.

Last edited by shri; 20-08-2011 at 11:39 AM.

I've never used Twitter and Facebook is needed as we have company pages to help with customer comments and questions. Geoexpat is an addiction though. Need to ween off this one. Sorry shri....

>> Sorry shri....

Where are you moving to again? Time to set up a GeoExpat for that location.

Never had a Twitter account. Been on a love/hate relationship with Facebook. Started it off initially, then de-activated my account for a year ('twas refreshing) and then re-activated due to peer pressure.

Don't know what I would do without GeoExpat.

Never had Twitter or FaceBook, I spend enough time online as it is.