Like Tree30Likes

Smoking inside the office next door

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by gmi:
    I wasnt debating any of the issues related to murder or shopliting...merley using them as an example of how you can't ignore one problem just because of another supposedly larger scale one exists. So no, I don't think so.

Lat time I checked there wasn't a bus driving round my office causing pollution, and at the moment the factories aren't dumping toxic waste in our shared toilets either. So that's the greatest pollution issue at my place of work at the moment.

Taking your example above, we shoud just bypass any issues that arent precieved to be the very largest scale probelms. Now that is another debate completely
    So you honestly believe that since no bus is driving round your office no pollution is occuring in your area.? Pollution from buses and factories are all around us , they are transported by whatever winds are prevailing in these parts of the world.
    i think there is more toxic waste inthe toilets than mere cigarette smoke and buts. I think you have been brain washed by the anti smoking brigade.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockie:
    So you honestly believe that since no bus is driving round your office no pollution is occuring in your area.? Pollution from buses and factories are all around us , they are transported by whatever winds are prevailing in these parts of the world.
    i think there is more toxic waste inthe toilets than mere cigarette smoke and buts. I think you have been brain washed by the anti smoking brigade.
    Sounds like a frustrated smoker who can't deal with the fact that the world has changed and for good economic and health reasons...
    dear giant, Gatts and gmi like this.

You could start smashing the fire alarm thingy every time you smell smoke... If they end up having to leave the building anyway, I'm sure they'll be put off eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    Sounds like a frustrated smoker who can't deal with the fact that the world has changed and for good economic and health reasons...
    You have not substantiated any of your concerns so I will call it a day. By the way I am not a smoker and someone smoking next to me does not faze me at all, what does get up my nose is buses belching toxic substances at a pedestrian crossing. Have a smoke. free weekend

I'm well aware that pollution is all around us from all sort of different things and never claimed otherwise.

Ill reiterate my point, which you are seem to be completely ignoring.....

Yes pollution from buses, traffic, factories, etc. is terrible. I'd LOVE for someone to clean the air of all these things. However the thing that is effecting me most, causing me the most nuisance, most blatantly contravening the laws in my place of work and making my work environment unbearable is the cigarette smoke. I don't see why you can't accept that this could be a valid point and keep banging on about the buses and traffic which isn't the topic being discussed.

Its also something that could be solved VERY quickly and VERY easily if the laws, which are highlighted all over the place on notices and posters, were adhered to and enforced.
    MovingIn07 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gweilo86:
    You could start smashing the fire alarm thingy every time you smell smoke... If they end up having to leave the building anyway, I'm sure they'll be put off eventually.
    Very very tempting.....I wonder what the consequences of this would be though? I'm almost certain I'd end up being the one in trouble if this happened. As much as I'd love to find out, it's just not worth the massive hassle and bill I'd end up facing. Also a huge waste of the emergency services time if they ended up coming out.

You have not substantiated any of your concerns so I will call it a day. By the way I am not a smoker and someone smoking next to me does not faze me at all, what does get up my nose is buses belching toxic substances at a pedestrian crossing. Have a smoke. free weekend
    Then why not start a discussion topic on buses belching toxic substances? That would be more constructive than hijacking this one and making no relevant points.
    Last edited by gmi; 03-11-2011 at 11:00 PM.
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gmi:
    I'm well aware that pollution is all around us from all sort of different things and never claimed otherwise.

Ill reiterate my point, which you are seem to be completely ignoring.....

Yes pollution from buses, traffic, factories, etc. is terrible. I'd LOVE for someone to clean the air of all these things. However the thing that is effecting me most, causing me the most nuisance, most blatantly contravening the laws in my place of work and making my work environment unbearable is the cigarette smoke. I don't see why you can't accept that this could be a valid point and keep banging on about the buses and traffic which isn't the topic being discussed.

Its also something that could be solved VERY quickly and VERY easily if the laws, which are highlighted all over the place on notices and posters, were adhered to and enforced.
    maybe install your own fire alarm in there?

or maybe if you have an accident..

it was soooo smokey that when you came out of the toilet you felt faint and fell towards the wall.. accidentally setting off the fire alarm

you could sort of act a bit as well incase of security cameras... just keep still on the floor and wait for someone to find you....

- ps that clockie obviously loves his fags - I mean mere cigerette butts compared to what ever?!
    there may be pollution but the b@stards making that are out of reach... this is personal - in your face and down right infuckingconsiderate! its a proven carcinogen - yes its your right - but I have a right to go pee in peace! go and kill your self outside - dont make others suffer!

-- PPS Dont squat on the seats either - its minging! footprints?!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4