Like Tree12Likes

Oatmeal + _________ = Breakfast

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

I've had a couple of times in hotels muesli crossed with oatmeal. If I haven't confused anybody what's the name of it?

It's really tasty but probably high in sugar. I have looked for it in supermarkets but never found it.

I don't mean to be an oatmeal snob, but steel cut oatmeal is the only way to go!

Alton Brown did an entire episode of Good Eats on Oatmeal, worth checking out on youtube I believe!

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    I've had a couple of times in hotels muesli crossed with oatmeal. If I haven't confused anybody what's the name of it?

It's really tasty but probably high in sugar. I have looked for it in supermarkets but never found it.
    There are oats in a muesli mix, so maybe it was just a muesli with higher oat percentage? A proper Bircher Muesli is soaked over night in orange juice if I am not wrong, making it much sweeter in taste. Hilton does it that way if I am not mistaken.
    Morrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:

Bircher Museli? It's white and sloppy (ie not dry) - cold, oatmeal with some other grains and dried fruits.

Me too, they do a red date flavour one which is quite tasty.

just a few raisins or a chopped up banana (need to make long hand as never owned a microwave)

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    There are oats in a muesli mix, so maybe it was just a muesli with higher oat percentage? A proper Bircher Muesli is soaked over night in orange juice if I am not wrong, making it much sweeter in taste. Hilton does it that way if I am not mistaken.
    wow. so you were IN Paris ?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4