• 1 Post By Raccon
  • 1 Post By BaconBreadBaker
  • 5 Post By Rob2020

3d without glasses -try it

Closed Thread

3d without glasses -try it

Pretty cool

http://www.neonpunch.com/the-lytro-c...w-focus-later/

Vinyl Junky started a very interested and at times heated discussion about this technology. Found it.

Last edited by luckycat; 08-11-2011 at 04:35 PM.

the article linked and the photo attached are 2 completely different things.
    the photo in this thread is a cheap 3D gimmick achieved by taking 2 or more photos at slightly different angles and combined into a gif that blinks like your left/right eyes. there was an interesting artist who did a bunch of these...ill try to find it later.

as for the article.....i care not to debate down that road again.

nevermind...I cant find the artist that I'm thinking of. however...in my search i did stumble upon another fad i love which is cinemagraphs. similar concept...animated gifs to break the 2D realm...

luckycat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BaconBreadBaker:
    the article linked and the photo attached are 2 completely different things.
    Supposingly they are not, the Lytro camera claims to be able to record 3D information and display it by parallax shift. Watch the video here from 4:40 onwards.

If you watch further they even claim to be able to do holographic images in future from the same data of the picture file, when such a display becomes available. If that is true and how it will look like will remain to be seen though.

the photo in this thread is a cheap 3D gimmick achieved by taking 2 or more photos at slightly different angles and combined into a gif that blinks like your left/right eyes. there was an interesting artist who did a bunch of these...ill try to find it later.
    You are right, that's the way it's done with GIFs (and nothing new really) but it seems Lytro can capture those perspectives in one shot.
    Last edited by Raccon; 09-11-2011 at 01:15 AM.
    BaconBreadBaker likes this.

The Lytro gallery has now samples with perspective shift: https://pictures.lytro.com/

Click and hold, then release to move your mouse (without clicking) over the pictures.

Although the effect is subtle it does seem to work as initially claimed (see OP above).

Last edited by Raccon; 06-12-2012 at 02:40 AM.

Hmmm, "Lytro" is still at it....