Like Tree9Likes

Photo ops in Lai King?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

jdonng: afaik 8 pointed stars = 8 blades (just stop down to F16 or F22 to see what your lens does) stonecutters bridge is on my to do list, but for now I don't fancy climbing all those stairs

yeah the last photo you can see the building is also duped from the zoom.
    my favorite from rprazaent is the middle one...great mono-tone.

thanks guys, and yes I did: zooming in/out (or throwing the lens out of focus) during the exposure can give you surprising results sometimes.

this is nice

great photos! can you suggest any other good photo spots in HK? I have a friend coming over next week and I wanted to take him to good photo spots that aren't very touristy. Any recommendations would be much appreciated : )

I personally like Lugard Road on a weeknight as well. Not very crowded and has a super nice view of all of the island and some of kowloon.

Also, there are some nice photo spots near the Bank of China building (exit J from Central station) if you just walk around. There are lots of overhead walkways where you have nice views. And there's a parking garage you can walk in just across from the BoC building with a decent elevated view. Only thing is it lookedlike they were doing some construction on it this week.

for stonecutter's bridge view, some people on here posted maps for me, but I had also gotten coordinates from someone on flickr, and google maps says it's much closer to a highway/road than an off trail hike. Can anyone shed some light on this?

AFAIK only the final bit (getting to the rock) is offroad, before that it's pretty much lots of stairs and concrete paths. can you show me your maps?

Quote Originally Posted by reprazent:
    AFAIK only the final bit (getting to the rock) is offroad, before that it's pretty much lots of stairs and concrete paths. can you show me your maps?
    sorry for the delayed response, i haven't been on here in a while. here is one: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...lbiere/map.jpg

I have GPS coordinates saved somewhere, but have to dig them up. but iirc, they are a spot just behind the vocational center.