Like Tree11Likes

Best and worse washroom in Hong Kong and China?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Mate, stop talking about yourself in third person... justjoe86 finds it really odd.
    Haha, who says I'm talking about myself in third person? Merely recollecting memories from my high school days about certain people I have met...
    Last edited by Watercooler; 13-12-2011 at 02:20 PM.

the noxious fumes from this guy's "byproducts" was off the chart.

We all know who you mean

The worst toilet I have ever been to was in the UK, in a borders toilet. Someone had gone in, done a number 2.....and then smeared it into the walls
    I didn't even look at the toilet itself, maybe that was nice and clean !

Best imho is IFC.
    Worst - the ones next to the exit of the walk to Jardines Lookout near Parkview.

Worst in the region (not HK) were the ones outside the hiking hut near ChiLaiSouth mountain in Taiwan. They were of the 4 stalls over a long trough variety, with the men's urinal directly outside the door of the ladies stalls; and the trough only had water flow from one end, so anyone "doing anything" in stall number 1 and it floated down under stalls number 2,3,4 (gathering extra) before exiting. GROSS.

Last edited by MovingIn07; 13-12-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    Excluding mall and hotel toilets which are not exactly public places, the best public toilets are the ones by the cable car station at the Big Buddha. Opens out to nature and very nice light.
    The ones next to the bus stop in Nong Ping are also very nice. I think they've really gone to town on the loos up there.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    The ones next to the bus stop in Nong Ping are also very nice. I think they've really gone to town on the loos up there.
    Come to think of it, arent those the nicest public toilets in Hong Kong?
    (not Hotel/Mall ; outside and really public.)

The worst one I had was a primitive toilet built above an edge of a farmland and with a hole in it somewhere in China. Well, all your goodies will fall right onto the farmland and they became perfect free fertilizer for the farmer. It's not the worst thing, the worst part is when I pee right into the hole, I can see a swarm of creatures crawling around on the field in those pile of ****......wow....I have to accept that was a shock to a city boy like me, what an experience.....

Last edited by dtb; 13-12-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Come to think of it, arent those the nicest public toilets in Hong Kong?
    (not Hotel/Mall ; outside and really public.)
    Quite possibly. I was pretty amazed when I went in there last week. You're right, for fully PUBLIC toilets they are pretty amazing. But are they, perhaps, not really the "mall toilets" for the Nong Ping shopping mall, which just happens to be open air?

one of the most "interesting" toilet that I've been to

(it's an actual toilet in tibet at a 2 storeys high building overlooking the temples)

Quote Originally Posted by 850t:
    one of the most "interesting" toilet that I've been to

(it's an actual toilet in tibet at a 2 storeys high building overlooking the temples)
    So now we know what watercooler looks like.