Like Tree24Likes

The Politically Incorrect Thread

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I think that if a thread intends to be useful for future users...

E.g. where is a good hairdresser? Or...
    Where is good to live in HK?

Irrelevant posts should be deleted as necessary.

BUT...

When threads are supposed to spark a debate

E.g. "should the queen get a multipack of Crisps for her birthday?"

Change of subject should be welcomed unless it is objectively offensive.. especially when op is involved.

Mat, you must just get offended quite easily. I've never reported one of your posts even though you've insulted me now and then

Last edited by justjoe86; 21-01-2012 at 12:05 PM.

The belief that on a politically incorrect thread that someone won't post something offensive to one or more wussies is highly unlikely. A post can go up and nothing said for a number of pages than some wuss comes along - quotes it as they don't like a word (for example, a reference to a female body part that is in context to the statement and the post - not said just said to be vulgar) and all of a sudden there is a gang bang of protesters to the statement and the post gets deleted or something.

There is always going to be someone to take offense to something. Of course some things should be taken offense to like racism, hatred, threats, illegal activity, or things not acceptable to a certain type of forum but you can rest assured that even something seeming quite trivial will offend somebody.

OK, as you know I'm the one who objected to the female bodypart insult. But I'm sure I was in the majority, not minority, not in the minority, who would have found it offensive. I'm not starting up a debate on that particular topic by the way. BUT you made much more fuss over the fact that it was deleted than I did over the fact that you chose to use such a word.

Edit: for those who don't know, it was the c--- word and I don't think just "wusses" find that offensive. Also, if someone said that they found my comment offensive I'm sure I would have apologised rather than go off on some rant or make further digs on other threads (which Football did at the time and I wouldn't rise to) as they felt they were in their rights to say it.

Last edited by Satay Sue; 21-01-2012 at 12:21 PM.
    justjoe86 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Not going to happen. How about you open a corner in your kitchen and invite all of us to take a dump in there whenever we please and you are not allowed to complain?
    Honestly, Shri, if I let my door open to relative strangers to come over and engage in discussion, and I had a room (not the kitchen!) in the house with the sign Anti-Productivity on the door and a disused bog closet in there, that's where I'd send anything past light banter, if that's what it'd take to keep the sh!t stains off the rest of the place. But yes, that's just me and I'm not Editor and, if this is going to be a non-starter, end of story then.
    justjoe86 and BaconBreadBaker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    3. because they try to bait other posters to start up a banter .
    But what's wrong with banter?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    Honestly, Shri, if I let my door open to relative strangers to come over and engage in discussion, and I had a room (not the kitchen!) in the house with the sign Anti-Productivity on the door and a disused bog closet in there, that's where I'd send anything past light banter, if that's what it'd take to keep the sh!t stains off the rest of the place. But yes, that's just me and I'm not Editor and, if this is going to be a non-starter, end of story then.
    Agree. Especially if your main aim was to get as many people in your house as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    I'm not the one who makes the rules here....Shri is..

Even if a few posters are trying to throw their (imaginary) weight around from time to time to "make" the rules, they usually get spotted and the admin do a good job at not giving a few posters too much "power".

Overall and despite the fact that I am pissed to get posts deleted from time to time.I think the Editors overall do a good job.

And for the record since it seems the message does not come across, I have not reported any posts on the Queen Jubilee thread as mentionned yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    OK, as you know I'm the one who objected to the female bodypart insult. But I'm sure I was in the majority, not minority, not in the minority, who would have found it offensive. I'm not starting up a debate on that particular topic by the way. BUT you made much more fuss over the fact that it was deleted than I did over the fact that you chose to use such a word.

Edit: for those who don't know, it was the c--- word and I don't think just "wusses" find that offensive. Also, if someone said that they found my comment offensive I'm sure I would have apologised rather than go off on some rant or make further digs on other threads (which Football did at the time and I wouldn't rise to) as they felt they were in their rights to say it.

I think you just made the case for not having a politically incorrect thread.

I know others jumped on it and my point was that is all it takes - just one to join the first protester. If no one joins, a group doesn't form. TED shows this stuff well.

In fact I forgot exactly what I posted but now recall it. I just recalled a female part of the body but was not remembering what it was or who took issue or how many.

It was an EXACT quote from a real court case in BC and was posted as part of the story.

It all depends on whose ox is gored is how this stuff works.

You can' t be politically incorrect as someone will always find it unacceptable even if it is something like a direct quote. Does making it c_ _ _ _ make it more correct?

That is what fuels the book banners in the ranks of the parent groups.

Shakespeare's Hamlet had this to say: "Why then 'tis none to you; for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
    Last edited by Football16; 21-01-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    None, But thats the problem with having a non native english speaker as editor, He doesn't understand western wit and banter.
    Morrison and PDLM like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    None, But thats the problem with having a non native english speaker as editor, He doesn't understand western wit and banter.
    it's not a language but a cultural issue
    PDLM likes this.