Like Tree21Likes

New GeoExpat Policies needed?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Before that, have you tried reporting Shri's disturbing post to the editors?

the Editor is prowling on this thread waiting for the chance to pounce on someone

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    the Editor is prowling on this thread waiting for the chance to pounce on someone
    Wait until tomorrow. The Friday one really enjoys their work...

Do you think it is offensive if I post how much money I got everyday? Hahaha......

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Interesting stuff in my office.

We have a Xmas tree in the lobby for Xmas.

American colleague of mine was pleasantly surprised, telling me: this would not be acceptable in the US, else you would also need something to be done for any other religious celebrations from the various religions that ppl within the bank may be associated with...
    Since we bought out our company from our (previous) US owner, I have SO MUCH enjoyed putting "Happy Christmas" on my christmas cards rather than "happy holidays".

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Good god I hope that news story is bogus. I fear it might be real though. The cult of political correctness is pretty damaging, imho. The real world exists - it does not vanish because we do not talk about it, we just make the taboo subjects either sexy or scarier than they really are. We learn to control our fears by facing them, not hiding from them. We learn to understand that the world is not fair by seeing that others may have more (or less) than we do and coming to terms with that. Childhood is about learning these and other social skills. Schools should be encouraging that development, not stunting it.
    Ah, but if political correctness was banned, who would I laugh at?

Quote Originally Posted by aliendavid1:
    Merry festivus for the rest of us.
    It's always Festivus here, what with the constant 'airing of grievances' ...now where did I put that aluminium pole?....