Does End Justifies Means or Means Justifies the End

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I am sorry, I guess I am getting distracted from my own topic....forgive me pls...

laterzzz

>> massive explosion that would kill everyone.

Welcome to the world where collateral damage does not need justification.

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile:
    An interesting study regarding ethics, morals, etc.
    The Trolley Dilemma

Two situations:
    In one, you are standing by a railroad track when you notice that a trolley, with no one aboard, is heading for a group of five people. They will all be killed if it continues on its current track. The only thing you can do to prevent these five deaths is to throw a switch that will divert the trolley on to a side track, where it will kill only one person. When asked what you should do in these circumstances, most people say you should divert the trolley on to the side track, thus saving a net four lives.
    I hve heard bout a similar situational question - where in there r two railtracks...one in use and other isn't....on one track(used one) 4-5 kids playing and on the unused track a kid is playing by himself....the train comes....and some how the kids can't move from thier track....now what should the driver do?? should he kill all 4-5 kids or change the track, go on to unused track and just kill one...and save life of those5 kids?? almost every body said yes.....
    but isn't it wrong??? comon!, the kids who were playing on the in-use track...they hve done a wrong thing by being where they shudn't be,....where as that one kid who did the rite thing and was playing on the unused track....well ppl r punishing him....wierd morality...

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    >> massive explosion that would kill everyone.

Welcome to the world where collateral damage does not need justification.
    Only if you're Jack Bauer. Or George Bush. Or some freaky mutant combination of Jack Bauer and George Bush.

...I think I just scared myself.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    All I am saying is, when one's the world leader, you are implicitly or explicityl responsible for the followers...with great power comes great responsibility.....
    First, please lets just stop quoting Spiderman....it really wasn't that good of a movie

Second, who has decided that the superpower is responsible for the rest of the world???

Why is it the the weak always want to piggy back and get a free ride from the strong? Sounds very communistic.... To be honest... that is partially what fuels American stereotypical "superiority complex." They feel that the rest of the world in simply envious of them and thus forget to look deeper into their own serious and real problems.

what saddam did in his own bleeding country was his business....iraqi business....who r u to play big brother and then raid the country and destroy it....??
    So as long as you isolate and contain genocide within your own borders, it is acceptable? Am I reading this right?

Didn't you just say that "with great power comes responsibility" and US should be policing the world???? I am confused! I guess you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. See the US can't even please the two sides of you brain, how can they please the rest of the world.

besides weren't u the one who supported mr hussein when he came to power...???
    osama is enemy number 1 today...but wasn't CIA supported him and helped him?? its the classic case of your own demon turned against u?? the current crop of these suiciadal islamic young ones that we see, who r creating so much scare around the world.....have we thought why all of them r like that, what could be possible reason?? I guess when from the time u were born all u see is hatred, killing, and war.....u hve very little to do or think bout...
    such an old problem between India and Pakistan....for kashmir....Pak is sponsoring all possible terrorist activities in India for close to 60 yrs now...and even CIA has confirmed that like hundreds of times....but has USA done anything ...nope...infact Pak has bcome its biggest ally in war against terrorism(HAHAHA)....
    and lets not forget what happened in burma and tibbet....and still happening....
    laterzzz
    I'm sorry I just skimmed through the rest of the jibberish......but if you truly feel that world politics is about Wrong & Right and that ANY government in the world really serves the best interest of it's people, than you are extremely naive. Global Politics is nothing more than a giant brothel....except the little people are always the ones that get screwed. Welcome to earth and glad you could join us.
    Last edited by climber07; 23-11-2007 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krad:
    Only if you're Jack Bauer. Or George Bush. Or some freaky mutant combination of Jack Bauer and George Bush.

...I think I just scared myself.
    So that would be an illiterate moron with a nuke button and deadly hand to hand combat skills?

That does sound terrifying......but you don't really need the Jack Bauer in that scenario...it's scary enough..

Quote Originally Posted by climber07:
    First, please lets just stop quoting Spiderman....it really wasn't that good of a movie

Second, who has decided that the superpower is responsible for the rest of the world???

Why is it the the weak always want to piggy back and get a free ride from the strong? Sounds very communistic.... To be honest... that is partially what fuels American stereotypical "superiority complex." They feel that the rest of the world in simply envious of them and thus forget to look deeper into their own serious and real problems.

So as long as you isolate and contain genocide within your own borders, it is acceptable? Am I reading this right?

Didn't you just say that "with great power comes responsibility" and US should be policing the world???? I am confused! I guess you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. See the US can't even please the two sides of you brain, how can they please the rest of the world.

I'm sorry I just skimmed through the rest of the jibberish......but if you truly feel that world politics is about Wrong & Right and that ANY government in the world really serves the best interest of it's people, than you are extremely naive. Global Politics is nothing more than a giant brothel....except the little people are always the ones that get screwed. Welcome to earth and glad you could join us.
    I agree with you on spiderman not being all that good a movie...

hey you would find a paradox here, bcos this what ppl feel and I am just putting them all together for your cognizance...

super power itself has decided that it is responsible for the rest of the world....

no one with any amount of pride would want to piggy back on any one else....so don't think poor countries want to do that....

I said that genocide issue, bcos wanted to know what others feel bout....bsides when did the genocide happened actually (timeframe)?? when u were so very concerned...y u didn't do anything to stop that man from ruling there and then?? no u wudn't hve touched him then as he was ur ally....bcos he was ur ally u dint think anything of the genocides...and wasn't those two wars against iraq any less then genocides....weren't innocent ppl got killed?? or u just saw the rat-in-the-hole part of it???

well u didn't bother to say anything bout Indo-pak, afganistan, tibbet and burma....would really like to know you pro-usa views on that too.....tee hee...

GNR : could you PLEASE type using proper punctuations and perhaps an upper case every now and then? I am not even going to mention the short-isms that seem to plague folks from the subcontinent.

My eyes bleed when you post something longer than a sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    GNR : could you PLEASE type using proper punctuations and perhaps an upper case every now and then? I am not even going to mention the short-isms that seem to plague folks from the subcontinent.

My eyes bleed when you post something longer than a sentence.
    I am sorry KIA, but due to my backward subcontinental upbringing I am used to type like that.
    Another reason being, few years ago I chatted online a lot and hence ended up worsening my already weak typing style.

I know.. used to run one of India's largest forums back in the late 90s. One of the reasons I shut it down was the fact it made by eyes bleed and my hinglish is pretty limited.

[added]

It does add to the debate. If your message is conveyed in some form .. does the style matter?

Last edited by KnowItAll; 23-11-2007 at 04:02 PM.