Like Tree30Likes

Mentors for Expats Kids ....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mentors for Expats Kids ....

Following up on the debate that white kids are in the minority and might need mentoring, I'd like to present a possible candidate who needs to be mentored.

Experience in dealing with first world problems is a must.

Experience in the music industry a plus.

Warning. The video is NOT OFFICE or KID friendly.

Last edited by shri; 12-10-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Another day, another charity in Hong Kong that helps ethnic minorities.

I have a lot of interest in mentoring and have been a mentor and been involved in advocacy since I was at high-school.

When a charity in Hong Kong says it provides mentors for 'ethnic minorities' I believe I should be able to ask what this means.....the answer, "Indians, Indonesians, Thai, Pakistanis, Nepali, etc, etc, etc", is not satisfactory to me and should not be to anyone else.

As I said, before It was deleted, many western kids are not wealthy, (as though poverty were the only way a young person could be disadvantaged), and could benefit from mentoring.

dear giant likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Yes, I can imagine!

A charity that limits itself to helping white people. I bet the exact same bitches who moan when I get annoyed at political correctness would be the first to scream racism at that!

Any more peanuts?
    Skyhook likes this.

I agree with DeletedUser.

bryant, let be dude.....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks Mobile

Mat likes this.

As I said, before It was deleted, many western kids are not wealthy, (as though poverty were the only way a young person could be disadvantaged), and could benefit from mentoring.
    Well, you and Grunt have a way of shoving opinions where they perhaps are inappropriate. In the thread where I cleaned up a bunch of bickering, the poster was trying to do some good. It was pretty damn obvious what his demographics were and there was no need for the excessive parsing some of you folks indulge in.

When someone tries to do good... let them. If it helps someone, even if it is not in your desired demographics, so what? No need to call them out and try and derail someone from doing some good.

For me the biggest factor that holds many of the south-asian kids in Hong Kong is money. It prevents them from being educated and break the cycle they're in. And here the poster was not even asking for funds to pay for basic neccessities - just some well intentioned professionals who would be able to provide some support.
    Last edited by shri; 12-10-2012 at 01:22 PM.
    Dreadnought, TheBrit, Mat and 5 others like this.

As DeletedUser said, if you are unhappy about the scope provided by certain Charitable Organization feel free to set one up.

No need to jump at each thread in relation to such topic like an 8 years old trying to make a point.

Make a difference, don't just do the talk.

Last edited by shri; 12-10-2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: :)

Oh, and I am VERY sure that if a hungry white kid showed up at the charities I've worked with, they would not be turned away because they were of the inappropriate race.

I sure have not heard of any showing up at any of the Kai Fongs or societies I've worked with.

I am with Bryant on this...

Open up the program to ALL ethnic minorities and include locals, without any racial prejudice, embrace all cultures/creeds or crawl back under your rock.

I refuse to support these types of pseudo charity groups that pander to divisive " special " interest groups. You either embrace everybody ( that includes HK locals ) and grow up as a receptive member of the 21st century, or buzz off with your non inclusive, repugnant fraud of a charity.

Mentoring of children that are from disadvantaged socio economic groups should not be racially selective, it should be open to all children that can benefit from it, and in turn that will benefit Hong Kong, ie society.... in the long run.

Last edited by Skyhook; 12-10-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Following up on the debate that white kids are in the minority and might need mentoring, I'd like to present a possible candidate who needs to be mentored.

Experience in dealing with first world problems is a must.

Experience in the music industry a plus.

Warning. The video is NOT OFFICE or KID friendly.

I liked the Hong Kong accent he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    As DeletedUser said, if you are unhappy about the scope provided by certain Charitable Organization feel free to set one up.

No need to jump at each thread in relation to such topic like an 8 years old trying to make a point.

Make a difference, don't just do the talk.
    Mat, you have no idea about me and what charity work I may or may not have done so you need to shut up!

I reserve the right to challenge racism when I see it. Saying it's okay because we're doing good just doesn't cut it. I leave it there as I don't want to be banned...have a lovely day!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast